newbie needs help with fishing reports

Hi all,

I'm from PA and am coming up to Lake Ontario on the 7th of Sept to fish for the first time. ( first time ever fishing for salmon) We'll be fishing out of Mexico and I'm looking for fishing reports. Not knowing the area, its hard to try and see what fishing reports are helpful. Any help for the Mexico area ( will be going out of Mike's Marina ) would really be appreciated..

Randy

Hi all,

I'm from PA and am coming up to Lake Ontario on the 7th of Sept to fish for the first time. ( first time ever fishing for salmon) We'll be fishing out of Mexico and I'm looking for fishing reports. Not knowing the area, its hard to try and see what fishing reports are helpful. Any help for the Mexico area ( will be going out of Mike's Marina ) would really be appreciated..

Randy

Try strait out off river (were you launched) start looking for hooks around 80 f.o.w. Keep trolling north till you start hitting them.- GOOD LUCK  What part of PA ya from?

Thanks for the reply but the Capt. of the boat I've chartered will be picking the fishing spots. I was looking more for whats being caught, how big & how many. I'm from Falls, PA. About 30-45 min. North of Philly. I'm actually from Texas - just been living up here for over 30 years.

Thanks for the reply but the Capt. of the boat I've chartered will be picking the fishing spots. I was looking more for whats being caught, how big & how many. I'm from Falls, PA. About 30-45 min. North of Philly. I'm actually from Texas - just been living up here for over 30 years.

No kidding, Falls is 10 minutes from me, the charter captains our darn good in general. he will put you on fish for sure. As for the species prob. kings will be be on top of the list, but if there not willing to play theres always lakers,browns,steelies etc. on a 6 hour trip you may get hit once an hour or 1 a minute ya never know. Size wise may be from 3lbs to 40 lb thats what makes the big o so addictive!    Lot's of luck 2 ya- you will have a blast!