Michigan stingers?????

I agree with Billy V....if it comes with it I leave it on.

'Bout the only changes I made were last year on some

of the new Dreamweaver Super Slims we were changing

out the hooks for slightly larger ones, based upon the success

of another local captain....

John

If you tie a piece of line directly to a split ring and the other end to a solid ring, pull and see which end breaks first. I think the split ring squeezes out and the flat edges cut the string. Luhr Jensen lures when they were out of Oregon always used solid rings because they felt the split rings cut the line. On a copper split ring, I had it straighten out and lost the lure once.

I only agree with Billy V half way. But hey, I'm from the Genny...

If it comes with a ring, I leave it on. If it doesn't, I put a small good one on it. I do this because I haven't found a snap as round as a ring & occassionally have been known to tie direct.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Leave the ring, and attach just a barrell swivel ( no clasp, usually Spro-SOLID ring). Your knots will be stronger, you get the anti-twist feature of a bearing swivel and you don't have to worry about a clasp opening up. Changing lures is done by back up rods. If your hot spoon is going cold, line up your back up rods with different spoons and replace in mass. I have a wacked out theroy that ball bearings spinning around produce a small electric charge that fish can sense as something alive.......just a theroy.