scotty adjustable rod holders.

I see the new scotty riggers are equipped w adjustable rod holders.   Has anyone retrofitted older scottys w the newer adjustable ones. I dont like the angle of the original ones. Thanks. Justin.

I put these on my old 1116's, worked great, I moved them over to my 2116's as well,  adjustable both vertically and horizontally.

scottyrodholder_zps44f6ede3.jpg

I sill like them better than the adjustable ones that come on the new ones, though they are much better than the old style

IMG_0250_zps8e544c9b.jpg

you used to be able to get them at FishUSA, but I don't see them listed on the site at the moment.  I'm sure they are available from other sources.

Tim

Edited by Tim Bromund

I like the angle of the rod holder, but i'm not sure if i trust it fishing for kings.   That extention looks sketchy. Not to bust on your program tim, but i watched a rod, fish, reel, and full rigging disappear into the depths of the big lake one day due to a weak rodholder.  I warn ALL not to do this.   Depressing and very expensive.  I'm gonna see if  scotty's new ones will adapt to the 1116 riggers i have.  Thanks guys. JUSTIN

Yes, many many screamer kings have fallen to the rods in those holders. They are not plastic, the Scotty stuff is fiber reinforced nylon and that stuff is super tough, I'm not sure what it would take to break it. I've been using those same rod holders for at least 6 or 7 years now, no issues whatsoever.

By the way, that's not something I cobbed together myself, those are the standard holders on the Scotty 1117's. That's what gave me the idea. I only swapped out 1 on each rigger since I never stack the riggers anyway.

Tim

Edited by Tim Bromund