Barcelona Report..

Sluggo / NY

Spent Fri., Sat., and Sunday pounding the waters or Erie out of Barcelona Harbor. Fishing was decent, although we didn't get the numbers of eyes were used to getting out there. Best day was 8 eyes and 2 lakers.. but we did end up with four eyes over nine pounds. Didn't really find a hot spot.. just picked away at them. Best depth was about 90 feet.. fishing 40 to 50 down. Stick baits caught most of them, but we gave up on worm harnesses because of the white bass. The laker fishing was unreal.. just hit 100 feet of more.. drop down to bottom.. and get ready. We quit catching them after a couple because of the one fish limit.. no sense in catching and releasing from 100+ feet when they're not going to revive. Hoping to get out there one more time before the big boat get put away. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Wednseday we caught 6 walleye, a 13 lber and three 9 lbers in the bunch plus an 8 lb steelhead.Capt Jeff Whipple had 11 walleye in 4 hours.Right out front of Barcelona Harbor in 75 ft to 100 ft going north & south.Firetiger Renosky's on 6 & 7 colors of leadcore.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Much tougher day Saturday, first half of the day 4 walleye & 1 steelhead all on spoons.2nd half of the day 3 walleye on stickbaits.They dropped 6 walleye and a steelhead and we must have caught at least 20 silver bass & sheepshead.

Sluggo-must have just missed you! I fished Barcelona Tuesday thru Friday last week-fishing wasn't up to Erie's usual reputation. Best fishing of the week was straight out of the harbor in 90-100 fow. 5 color core with firetiger or brown Renowskys for 1/2 the day-then deeper. The fishing to the west was spotty at best-but the silver/white bass fishing is awesome! I caught 2 at the same time on a small pink/purple chatterstick! I had to constantly rotate lines in the water because the bass were always being hooked. Best day last week was Thursday-water was calm-sun was hot-and fishing was awesome. I had boxed 4 by 8 am that day.  

Good fishing

Walteye

• 4 weeks later...

There have been some very good catches of walleye the past two days close to the PA line in 90 to 95 ft of water.One boat caught 15, another 9 walleyes.First day was all Renosky's , the 2nd day was worm harnesses, down 50 ft.