Sportcraft 270 1986 New Main Stringers and Winter Strorage

I will post pictures soon.  Just thought I would see if there was any interest in this boat and dockage before I get in trouble and by the bigger boat.

The boat is under cover at Lake Ontario Mariners Marina in Henderson Harbor.  Fee's paid through May 2014. 

We have a place on the lake, but you could use this as a weekend get away.  For $1800 per year you have showers, under cover slip and winter storage.  Picnic table right in front of the boat.

The boat is 27 ft. x 8.5 ft beam.  Merc 350, inboard, with custom built aluminum kicker motor mount.  The bilge/stringers were rebuilt professionally 2 season ago ($6,000).  Motor runs well.  Looking to get around $5,000 for the boat and remaining slip lease.  Then 50 to 60% of new price for everthing else.  25 hp Merc big foot kicker, any down riggers you want and bert's rod holders.

Perfect setup for someone looking to take advantage of the great Salmon/trout/walley fishing out of Henderson Harbor.  This boat can handle the 2 - 4 footers with no problem. You can PM me your cell phone and I will txt you images this weekend.  We will be on the boat fishing this weekend.

Regards,

Scott

Not a boat expert here.  I put the trusty stanley classic 25 foot tape measure on it and to the outside rub rail it was around 105 inches at the stern of the boat.  My novice understanding of legal vehicle width on the road is anything over 102 inches (eight foot six inches) is considered over width and requires an over width permit. I wish it was a 10 foot beam.  But every wish has a down side and that would be the slip would be $2200 a year not $1800. 

Even the length would be a question; do you measure from the end of the anchor platform that sticks off the bow to the outer edge of the power trim plates, not to mention the custom aluminum kicker mount that extends two feet behind the stern? So really you would be buying a 29 footer!  I need to raise the price!   I just assumed it is a 27 footer, because of the designation '270'.  

post-152653-0-83828500-1378313999_thumb.jpgpost-152653-0-34322300-1378314117_thumb.jpgpost-152653-0-38275600-1378314150_thumb.jpgpost-152653-0-44400600-1378314176_thumb.jpg

If you are interested we could go fishing for a little help with the gas.  Send me a PM with cell phone number and I will txt you back.  The $5,000 is a place to start a negotiation.  Winter storage is paid for and boat stays in the water until mid-October.

Cheers,

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP.... now that I know what that means.  Will only do it once.  I guess I didn't do a great job posting what boat I have for sale or I priced it too high or no one buys boats on this site.  Should have posted pics first.  We will have a boat on Ontario for the forseable future, this one or another.  We like this boat and had a great year fishing on it.  Just think we want one 3 feet longer.  If this sells fine, if it doesn't not a big deal at this point. 

Let me know if it is the boat, good and bad, or the price good or bad, or the time of year good or bad, or this site for selling boats?  Fishing equipment and boat accessories seem to sell fast on this site. 

This is a cheap setup for someone that does not want to trailer a boat and/or does not have place to stay on the lake.  Look forward to hearing from some of you.

Be patient. Boats don't sell over night. You need the right buyer. Most fishermen buy boats with a mindset that that is the "one" they want. Not "oh its for sale, I'll take it"

It will sell.

Good luck

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hang in there it will sell. You have less buyers this time of year because a lot of would be buyers don't necessarily want to pay for storage, but you have that covered which is good. Also, boats of that year usually have stringer and transom issues, but you have that covered too. I've seen a lot of boats sell on this site for a lot more money than you are asking for yours. Since you are not worried if it doesn't sell be patient. There are some very nice boats for sale on this site right now that have been for sale for the past month or so and they haven't sold yet either, but they will. Good luck with your sale.

Could be the spelling of Storage in the add opening!  If anything the 'warning' about stringers is worth while.  The previous owner bought this boat for $10,000 4 years ago and had to have the stringers done for $6,000.  That very easily could have been me.  Before I bought this boat I always had aluminum boats and the most I needed to do is replace some plywood flooring.  fiberglass boats have a different set of issues to look for.  Thanks for all the advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This Boat is still for sale.  Its in the water and I am looking for offers at this point.  It looks like I have to take this year off from fishing.  And based on the value of the boat and slip rental ($1800) it may make sense to sell.

Please don't be afraid to post a how much you would pay for it today price.  It would be an interesting and educational thread in trying to see what the market value is.  In the end it is only worth what someone will pay.  Does not matter the book value or what I paid for the boat. 

Boats not perfect but it is solid and safe to be on lake ontario in.  It has been professionally winterized each year.  Shame to let it sit all summer.

There was an add last year for essentially the same boat (not as nice) and the gentleman asked $3,000 for the boat.  It was astonishing to me all the folks that posted questions on how could he sell such a boat for so little.  It is only worth what someone will pay,

Lets have some fun and see what this boat is worth.  No posting on price will be assumed to be a binding contract, so no worries.  The winter storage is not included yet!

cheers,

scott

Pictures are on Post number 9.  And yes that is a 25 HP merc 4 stroke on a custom aluminum bracket mounted the stern. 
The kicker is a great back up to the main motor.  Will push the boat 5 mph as well as trolling using only 1/2 gal of fuel per hour or so.  Power tilt.

I would also consider trades: Jet Ski's, ATV, or snowmobiles etc. 

Regards,

Scott

607-423-3917