Okuma Coldwater vs the Cabela's DepthMaster

What are the pros/cons of the Okuma Coldwater vs the Cabela's DepthMaster II Linecounter Trolling Reels?

In looking at both, I assume  that Okuma makes the DepthMaster for them. The Cabela's reel is actual more money but seems like it may be better made.

Trying for figure out from those that have used both or one/other what you like and don't like.

I looked at both yesterday in store and today I see the Cabela's is on sale and less than the Coldwater now.

Opinons welcome

R1N

Never used the cabelas, but the cold waters look nice but performed. Like crap. The drags are sticky. Level wind is off and counters are not accurate. I will be saving my pennies and getting tekotas in the future.

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

we have a couple of the Cabelas for our dipsies and personally, I like em a lot.  Drags seem nice, and pretty comfortable.  when the spool is full, line counter is accurate.  I only have a few years experience with limited gear, but I would pick up another one of these and not be upset about it.  We've had them for a few years and haven't done any maintenance on them (including drags).

I have many magda's, a coldwater and a clarion. The Clarion is an awesome reel, much better than the coldwater for not much more money.  If you can find the clarion somewhere which doesn't charge sales tax the clarion is basically the same money as the coldwater if not cheaper.  I have ordered things from www.jaxcattackle.com and have been very pleased.  I am unhappy with the coldwater for the same reasons as mentioned above.

Plastic depth masters reels are sweet. Smoother drags than the magda pros- just don't buy the rods! Lol snapped two depth master dr rods that I bought new this past may.

Good bang for your buck but you do get what you pay for!