Fair Haven 8/24 to 8/28 Video Youtube Link added 4Sept

24 - five for six 33lb, 31lb, 25lb Kings and 26" Steelhead, and one skipjack.
25 - two for four 28lb King, 22" Steelhead
26 - goose egg
27 - four for twelve 28lb, 27lb, 24lb, and 22lb Kings
28 - two for six 24lb, 22lb Kings

First couple days all on divers 300 on a 2 setting over 275 to 400 fow.
Last two days was 90-95 ft rigger in 150-180 fow with Ron's Morning Wood behind a white green dot spin doctor running the hottest. Lots of broken leaders from Atomik- which i have never seen before. Is anyone else experiencing this? Pretty sure we are up to 7!

Video to follow...

Bear with me this is my 1st editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvHN2C2B1Bw&feature=youtu.be

Sent from my HTC One using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-147154-13777293440291_thumb.jpg

Edited by buckboardjr

Hey Buck, iv had two go to heck on us in the last few weeks Atomiks each time. I do understand they got sharp teeth now just seems wierd the way ares broke off. I lost a Gorman fly Friday but no doubt it was on me my knot imploded.

Been very frustrated with break offs with Attomiks this year, I hope this can be corrected, way to many quality fish lost.

The hook ups are second to none, great product just hope somebody can look into changing the leader, i would personally rather pay a little more than keep losing fish.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

40-50 lb MONO is the way to go with flies not fluoro you need "give" with the hardware and it's down deep so visibility isn't relevant and the stiffness thing is overrated. Fluoro often breaks at the knot itself because it is "brittle". Many big kings have succumbed to mono in the past.....I know in advance that many die hard fluoro fans will probably have "fits" about this comment and I use fluoro too but I don't think it is the best material for the fly application.

40-50 lb MONO is the way to go with flies not fluoro you need "give" with the hardware and it's down deep so visibility isn't relevant and the stiffness thing is overrated. Fluoro often breaks at the knot itself because it is "brittle". Many big kings have succumbed to mono in the past.....I know in advance that many die hard fluoro fans will probably have "fits" about this comment and I use fluoro too but I don't think it is the best material for the fly application.

This is Something I never really thought of since they come in the package with fluoro. I've never had one break unless the drag was set too tight with a screamer on, but I suppose the mono would give me some room for error.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app