Pike Virus ?

Just got back from my Happy spot in the ADKS . Last two times up I caught a total of 3 pike all about the same size from the same spot. Use to get quite a few but not as of late. Guy from campsite said last year he saw some bigger ones washed up on shore. Got a bunch of big bass this time & some nice perch , but no pike no speak of.  Any thoughts? I am going to contact the DEC in Ray Brook to ask also.

Gosh. I hope it is not the same thing that almost completely wiped out the pike in Seneca Lake a few years ago. I never heard what caused that. I love catching pike and planned on having a great time catching them the following year (not sure what year) but they diappeared almost over night and have not recovered yet as far as I can see. If you find out anything will you let us know.

Guff....I've talked up the pike a bit in Seneca but have not fished there for over a couple of years. The last time we nailed them (incidentally while bass fishing) was in the early -mid 2000's. When was this pike disappearance you spoke of ....(approximately)......?