3 rod Setup Question

I looked on here but didn't see what I'm looking for....  A buddy and I will be coming up this weekend to fish for some kings or whatever might hit.  

To avoid tangles (and a lot of swearing!) what do you recommend I run where?  I kind of figured from the boat I'd run the Downs, then  wire with a magnum Dipsey (on a 1 setting) and then outside run a higher #1 Dipsey (figured on a 2.5 setting)...does that sound like the right idea?  

Thanks to All for any suggestions you have!

Edited by ksc4488

Old school here.... fishing from a small boat.. stack 2 rods per downrigger and a wire diver on each side.. 6 rods. I can put the 4 rigger lures exactly where I want them... sometimes the wire divers are a "best guess" depth.

Starboard corner

post-139500-0-86755000-1377877881_thumb.jpg

I looked on here but didn't see what I'm looking for.... A buddy and I will be coming up this weekend to fish for some kings or whatever might hit.

To avoid tangles (and a lot of swearing!) what do you recommend I run where? I kind of figured from the boat I'd run the Downs, then wire with a magnum Dipsey (on a 1 setting) and then outside run a higher #1 Dipsey (figured on a 2.5 setting)...does that sound like the right idea?

Thanks to All for any suggestions you have!

It sounds like you have a two downrigger setup and 4 wire divers? If so, and assuming the lake hasn't flipped, that will be fine until the sun is up mid morning. As long as you're marking large salmon on your sounder, target those depths with your baits (don't worry at this time of the year if the fish are out of preferred temperature). Once midmorning arrives and the fish seem to disappear, then you might want to consider changing out the inside mag divers for lead ball rigs. Rig them on a three-way setup with 18-24" drop on the 1lb. ball and pull the attractor so the ball just tick bottom now and then.

At this time of the year I generally prefer dodgers to rotating flashers. I'd rig glows in the early morning and transition to chartreuse/white/pearl as the sun comes up. I run them on every rod and will stack them two per rigger when I switch to a bottom oriented program midmorning. I will also be running about 1.6-1.8 downspeed when trying to trigger strikes from territorial salmon.

So while marking fish in the early am, chase them with a traditional setup, but once they "disappear" and the fleet begins to head North, stay in the same waters and change over to a bottom program with 2 lines on each rigger and 2 bottom bouncing rigs.