Knot Used When For Wire Fishing Line Wire Divers Video Demo

Just put this video together the other day showing knot used for attaching wire fishing line to a swivel or dipsy diver... There is more than one way to do this but I have found this is the most effective way to do this. Have had many folks ask this question over the years so we did a video. See our other Videos on attaching a twili-tip and curing spawn as well.
Good Luck Fishing!
Brett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kRLwO1M77o

Just put this video together the other day showing knot used for attaching wire fishing line to a swivel or dipsy diver... There is more than one way to do this but I have found this is the most effective way to do this. Have had many folks ask this question over the years so we did a video. See our other Videos on attaching a twili-tip and curing spawn as well.

Good Luck Fishing!

Brett

Seems to me like the lack of an overhand knot to lock the tag end would be a weakness, especially if the knot is pulled to the rod tip regularly are care was not taken to cinch the wire down tight. I would have a lot more confidence with the LOTSA / Ernie Lantiegne knot that takes the extra step of tying an overhand knot to lock and control the tag end down.

I agree with the need of the overhand knot as well. You can also tie the overhand loop knot without the swivel and then just add the swivel as you show. I find it a little faster that way on the water.