SENECA 8-31-13 Monster Bow

Fished out of Watkins with Joe (Keepin It Reel) my son , Bill and Butch.... We setup shop right out of the canal ... We ran cores coppers dipsys and riggers... Didnt take long and we had our first fish on and bring a nice 4 lb brown to the boat and the fish just continue to come from there... We get up the lake a bit and Bam !! 400 copper going and bang!! there goes the 12 color core rippin line!! DOUBLED UP!! We get a 4lb Salmon and 6lb laker to the boat and attempt to get reset after all the mayhem.... We finnaly get a breather for a few and the 250 dipsys takes off like a big salmon strike but pulls lots of drag, I am lucky enough that it happen to be my turn so I get to fight this one, after a lengthy strong fight we get a glimps of what we think is gonna be a decent Landlock and nope 9.5 bow in the net.... I tried hard to revive her but couldn't get her to go so in the box she goes.... Finger Lakes Tackle Spoons and Big Weenie Flys did all our damage today... Flt blue uv alewive and death from above were our best spoons by far and Big Weenie Seneca Ghost and Filthy Frankie were our hot flys.. We had an awesome morningon the water .. Me and Joe tried to figure it out at the end and we went 22 for 24 with a great class of fish and some absolute beautiful silver fish... Hoping to back out tonight if the storms don't pop up....

Mike

post-148405-13779743072031_thumb.jpg

post-148405-13779743232769_thumb.jpg

post-148405-13779743519683_thumb.jpg

post-148405-13779743685423_thumb.jpg

post-148405-1377974386369_thumb.jpg

post-148405-13779744085358_thumb.jpg

Fished out of Watkins with Joe (Keepin It Reel) my son , Bill and Butch.... We setup shop right out of the canal ... We ran cores coppers dipsys and riggers... Didnt take long and we had our first fish on and bring a nice 4 lb brown to the boat and the fish just continue to come from there... We get up the lake a bit and Bam !! 400 copper going and bang!! there goes the 12 color core rippin line!! DOUBLED UP!! We get a 4lb Salmon and 6lb laker to the boat and attempt to get reset after all the mayhem.... We finnaly get a breather for a few and the 250 dipsys takes off like a big salmon strike but pulls lots of drag, I am lucky enough that it happen to be my turn so I get to fight this one, after a lengthy strong fight we get a glimps of what we think is gonna be a decent Landlock and nope 9.5 bow in the net.... I tried hard to revive her but couldn't get her to go so in the box she goes.... Finger Lakes Tackle Spoons and Big Weenie Flys did all our damage today... Flt blue uv alewive and death from above were our best spoons by far and Big Weenie Seneca Ghost and Filthy Frankie were our hot flys.. We had an awesome morningon the water .. Me and Joe tried to figure it out at the end and we went 22 for 24 with a great class of fish and some absolute beautiful silver fish... Hoping to back out tonight if the storms don't pop up....

Mike

attachicon.gif1377974306390.jpg

attachicon.gif1377974322741.jpg

attachicon.gif1377974351195.jpg

attachicon.gif1377974368440.jpg

attachicon.gif1377974386025.jpg

attachicon.gif1377974408008.jpg

Wow, what a day Iron Duke!Gotta love those B.Fullers_ Real nice BOW!

Geez Mike....here I am all excited about the fishing on Lake O and then you go and post those pics on Seneca.....hard to fish two places at once... :)  Nice going!

Geez Mike....here I am all excited about the fishing on Lake O and then you go and post those pics on Seneca.....hard to fish two places at once... :) Nice going!

Thanks guys....Ya it was an eventful morning and also got out again with Joe this afternoon we got into some great silvers again and a few lakers pulling off another Grand Slam, think we went 12 for 13 but lost my X4 probe due to a kink I didn't see in my rigger cable, oh well its only money right... lol.... Couple nice little football browns here in the pics.. Pic of the first one slipping out of Joes hands and one of me fighting a bow...

Mike

post-148405-13780013622218_thumb.jpg

post-148405-1378001399399_thumb.jpg

post-148405-13780016290967_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys !!! Sitting at the dock waiting for this amazing thunder and lightning show to pass ... Just struck the the tree in front of the dock as we were dozing.... We are all wide awake now... lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks Rabbit..... Next couple weeks I'll be headed up in your neck of the woods looking for some of those pre spawn big browns ....

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm heading back up to camp today , hope to be on the water in the am, .......  the browns were getting tuff to get  the last few times out but as you know the bows have the feedbag on big time.....  we see what happens the next few days...... good luck out there !!!!!

Went out this morning with Bob Fuller ( FLT ) had a good bite going after we found them but no browns so we moved......after 10:30am bite went dead..... we boxed three lakers , and a salmon....... released three nice bows at the boat .... lost two good fish and one or two more......with three releases and noone home....... ran three riggers with ALL FLT spoons........ Bob Barker was real good  and a glowfrog was also that did thr three lakers then I moved it up out of laker land and it did a bow and we lost a bow or salmon on it......REEL FUN DAY........ thanks for coming over to deliver my spoon order and for the EXTRA stuff you left me Bob !!!!!!!