Oswego 31st and special thanks to Water Wolf

Slow day. Fished 150 in to 90, dropped 2 including a beast that took us out to 600. Would have been manageable except a boat running perpendicular refused to move at all and told us " I can't steer, get out of the way". Had to pull a uturn with a fish out 500 and 3 dipseys out. Anyway we had all lines in and were able to chase the fish as it ran under two other boats and ended up tangling in lines from the Water Wolf. The guys were real gracious, untangled the line, gave us back our gear and were genuinely a class act. At that point it was 1145 and the sun was poking through so we ended on a good note and hit Rudy's for lunch. Both fish were on spoons, nbk and glow frog. It is refreshing to deal with a charter boat and guys like that. Thanks again!

Sorry your fish swam into us.  What a mess it created! 

Only good thing for us was, it was quitting time anyway, so we didn't have to reset the whole spread. 

You have our phone # now, Use it anytime you like, not just when your "big one" is heading our way!   :lol:

014_zpsda92d41e.jpg

I actually snapped off about 10 pics throughout the whole ordeal. We saw you guys hooked up and were watching the frenzy unfold. At one point I noticed it looked like you were realing the WaterWolf in and figured your fish took you into their spread. Then I started takin pics just to bust on Capt Bob and Capt Darryl a bit (very good friends of mine) when i saw them. I'll try to download them and put a couple up,,, the one when your fighting what looks to be the boat is the best one I think.

On onther note, tough fishing that weekend. Only managed 7 fish in 2 days. We did do 5 the day we saw you guys tangled, but we had a good spread that had been producing for us and it did again that day,, sunday not so much. working skinny water 3-5' off bottom with hundreds of dollars of gear that can get snagged and lost, can be very frustrating and expensive if your not careful. Better to have a fish bring you into someones spread and only lose the fish and get your gear back than to misread your chartplotter and snag all your gear. saw that happen a few times that weekend also.

That's how the ordeal started to unfold. The big boat running towards shore that would not change course forced us to turn into water under 80. Two of my lines were set at that depth. The secondary problem is that the two guys with me have never fought a fish over 5 pounds...