Dipsey rod holders?

dieselhp

I am looking for some advise on what kind of rod holders I should put on the boat. I only have about 3" of width and also would like something that looks neat when taken off or sits low so it is not in the way when drift fishing.

Thanks for the help

Rick

Check out Traxstech. We have several of them on the boat and they're absolutely bomb-proof. You'd want to measure to be sure that you have enough width to mount the track, but if you do, they're a great system.

www.traxstech.com

Several others on LOU have Bert's systems and like them, and if space with a track is an issue, the Tite-Lok holders are hard to beat. Any of the three will hold up quite well for dipsy fishing.

Those are great holders, but with 3" of gunwale width that might be a little narrow.

I don't own these myself but the holders from cisco look pretty nice and the mounting plates look like they should fit on your available space.

http://www.ciscofishingsystemsltd.com/page3.html

I have both the single and multy big jons rod holders on my boat (great units), but the mounting plate on those is 4" so that won't work for you.

Tim

Empty, I have the Big Jons you are talking about and they work great. You can angle them one handed which is nice when you have a rod in the other hand. I bought longer sections of track direct from Big Jon and mounted 2 on each side.

Rodholder.jpg

I also have the Big Jons' and really like them. The heavy duty works well for the diver rods, and I have the stanchion mounts that I use when I fish with the in lines for clearance. As Eric mentioned they can be easily adjusted as well. Maniac- Nice pic of your releases used to prevent line creepage. Good idea.

Rick,

Having both Big Jon and tite loc holders on my boat, I can tell you that you won't be unhappy with either. All things being equal, I'd take the Big Jon first due to the one handed adjustment, where on the tite loc there is a pin to pull before adjusting the angle. I believe you have 3" for mounting and Tim says the Big Jon requires 4". I'm all but certain the base of the tite loc is less than 4". If you want, I can measure both for you tomorrow. Tite Loc holders may be the better choice if you only have a 3" gunwale. However, If you can fit the Big Jon, I'd go that route.