Goose opener

Had tons of geese here on otisco, but not much shooting. I havent hunted them in years, but way to knock em down! They are overpopulated in my opinion, and need to be hunted. If I knew someone to take the birds id do my part!

Justin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had a pretty good opening weekend shooting 16 on Sunday and 15 Monday. One banded female that was banded in 2010 up in Ontario Canada. I went for a run this morning on Fort Drum and counted 12 of 24 birds in parking lot with bands???Fort Drum must band their own ducks?

I never shot more than 3 rounds at a Flock...the no plug limit didn't really make a difference.

Had my opener finally today and gotta say I have had much better days. Started off with getting to the field and unloading gear, took trucks back to the road and my friends dog jumped out of the truck and ran across the street in the path of a thankfully aware driver who was already well on the brakes but did still hit him. As of last check the dog is doing well and seems to be fine. Only saw 2. Geese and never even picked up a gun. I have my dog trained to not get out of the truck until I and only I issue a command for him to do so. Just something for everyone to think about. Be careful out there

We got 12 Monday.

My favorite recipe...

"Goose-ka-bobs"

Chunk goose breast up into 1 1/2"-2" cubes.

Place chunks of goose in a Tupperware dish and marinade for 24 hours in Italian dressing. ( do the same with your favorite veggies in another dish.)

Once 24 hours is up take a skewer and wrap bacon tightly around goose chunks and slide the skewer through the bacon and the goose.

You can either do separate vegetable skewers or mix them with the meat on their skewers.

Grill them until they are cooked through. ( the bacon will shrink on the goose) when they appear to be done turn grill on very low flame and melt some Swiss cheese over the top and then you can serve it.

By far my favorite recipe!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app