chasing fish out of sandy

Well we had full intentions of running deep right out of the gate. Our mistake was peeking at the screen in 80 fow on the way out. We got all excited about the screen and forgot the game plan. Needless to sat 6-8am no bites. Shot to 450 flow headed south and immediately got a good screen followed by a release. Two min later dipsy fires with a nice king. The fish actually out ran the boat twice before we netted him (really dark colored 435 flow 100 down SD fly). 415 fow another nice king on but came unbuttoned pretty quick. Swung back to way point of first fish and two more releases no one home. So we headed south to find more fish and literally trolled from 415 fow to 70 fow without moving a rod. I wish I knew the answers. As of I know I'm swearing off the inside till I see salmon laying on the docks. I know me and nickr weren't the only two boats out there. Feel free to chime in.

I fished out of sandy on Saturday and I feel your pain and frustration. ( refer to that post for details)We decided we would launch out of the Genny today. We were fortunate to find a mix bag of fish...browns, steelhead and kings. Ended up going 14 for 16 with 8 kings of various size with biggest at 23#. We worked 70-110 fow with most coming in 90. 7 color, dipsey at 160 range, 225, 275 copper and 45-55 rigger all produced. Not really a flasher fly bite. spoons kos, alewife, melon, nk frog, chrome j plug, took most fish. Had a nice steelie put on a brief show then got off,looked in 10# range that hit a blue frog with hammer fly. I am experiencing less flasher fly bites lately and more on spoons. Most spoons I ran were 3-1/4 / nk 28 size not mags.. For what that is worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We ran almost the same program. On the water about 6. Tried the inside with no luck. Ran out to 450 and started a south troll. Hooked into a nice king in 420 Dow on zilla sushi fly and silver glow flasher. After a spirited 20 minute fight boated a 21 lb Canadian king. Had a few releases after with no one home. Slow day overall but still a good day on the water

We had one hit, was a king in 70 fow. Trolled west off creek to nose and back in 100-60, we had a pretty good screen at points but like the past couple trips had a hard time getting them to fire. Off the water by 9:00, I had something I had to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app....Doug

Well nice to know we were all in the same boat. Hoping to get out Wednesday or Thursday afternoon. If I do hopefully I'll have some good info for the weekend. The seasons closing fast but not over yet. Anybody gets out during the week share some info. Sounds like we could all use a little help.