Slow pickings in Osewo but new personal record

Well, we're renaming our boat "One A Day" after taking one King each of our three days in Oswego. 16 or so day 1, 22 day 2, and this morning one that weighed in at 27.125. All one a white and Mt. Dew SD, 225-240 on a white mag didpy. Not big for many of you, but my best in 7 trips, and biggest freshwater fish. Still doesn't beat my Dad's 29 a few years ago, but a nice finish to a short but great trip.

L.J.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sweet fish LJ! You did well to catch anything, it was a tough bite with that East wind!

Thanks! We heard from one of the state folks at the cleaning station in Oswego that it had been even slower in Sodus and Fairhaven over the weekend - less than 25 fish in on Friday and Saturday. Just glad I was able to get up for at least a couple days (I use to be able to make it a 9 day run!). Good luck the rest of the season.

L.J.

Here are my five best photos from the weekend. One each of the two smaller fish, one of my new PB, and a nice sunrise over the towers...

16#er...

IMG_6636_zps4ddba0af.jpg

22#er...

IMG_6647_zps906e8861.jpg

27.125#!!! - fresh out of the net

IMG_6651_zpscb2f5787.jpg

On the dock with the Big Foot II

IMG_6658_zps6d1c4210.jpg

Beautiful morning on the Big O...

IMG_6637_zps54a0fdee.jpg

L.J.

Congrats on the PB. I've seen a lot in my boat tickle 30 lb but never over. Somehow I always get the rod with the 25lb lol (my PB). Great fish in anyone's book and on a tough day for everyone.

Thanks Jeremy. I keep hoping that even in my limited time I may luck into one of those beasts. All I need is for it to read 30.000 pounds = first (and likely only) fish I'll ever get mounted! Good luck the rest of the season and here's to next year!

L.J.

L.J.,

Nice to meet you on the deck, that was me and my father coming in the same time as you. (Yellow shirt in fourth picture) Tough conditions out there prob should have stayed in the 60-70fow. Blanked for only the second time this season. Congrats I knew that fish looked bigger than 25 pounds. Look forward to see you out next year!

Jimmy

LJ,
Head out to front door and then west...

We got a 34lb king last week right out front and a 31lb king heading far west.

The only trip we got skunked on the whole week last week was heading east towards the nuke plant...

Definitely tailed off towards the end of the week with the wind shift...

But keep your head up- the 30+ lber's are out there.  We got our 34lb'er on thursday and our friends got the LOC #1 fish - 35lb 15oz friday morning....

All I have to say is find the fly called "The Sheep".  It did all our damage.....and 122ft was the magic number for us

And btw- 27lb king is nothing to sneeze at....

Nice fish....

Thanks! Do you know who makes "The Sheep"? I only found stream fly versions. Our hot fly (only one that caught anything) was an older A-Tom-Mik White Halo...only one we've got left :rofl: .

L.J.

I think I saw you there on Monday afternoon.  I had the Trophy parked next to you while we waited for our fish to be cleaned.  

We were there around 1pm or so. We had to hustle out because we had to get back to Henderson Harbor and then I had to catch a flight out of Syracuse before 6pm in the middle of those monster thunderstorms...

We were there around 1pm or so. We had to hustle out because we had to get back to Henderson Harbor and then I had to catch a flight out of Syracuse before 6pm in the middle of those monster thunderstorms...

Yup that was us who came in after you with the 3 salmon.  You had mentioned how you got one everyday.  Haha... small world.  

That it is! My wufe may come up with me next yesr and we may get the better part of a week or so. When she & I & my Dad fished for Kings in Alaska ladt summer, my Dad caught a 12 inch King, I caught one around 15#, but my wife caught beautiful 25#er, so I'd love to see if her luck/skill will follow her to Lake O...

Hopefully I'll find a few more folks on here to run into next year!

L.J.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks! Do you know who makes "The Sheep"? I only found stream fly versions. Our hot fly (only one that caught anything) was an older A-Tom-Mik White Halo...only one we've got left :rofl: .

L.J.

Atomick makes the Sheep, semi-similar to a T186 Green UV.