Seneca 9-2-13

Well we were leaving the slip out of Watkins when a thunderstorm was aproaching as we could hear in the distance... Checked out the radar on my phone and instantly turned around and went back to the dock and batten down the hatches....It was one of the best lightning shows I believe I have ever seen and the rain came down in buckets for a good hour.... The guys from Hills Valleys and Streams in Elmira ny were troopers tho waiting it out with me til 830 ish and we headed out.... There was quite a bit of debris in the South end already so went a bit north looking for some cleaner water... Set up shop running cores coppers dipsys and riggers.... Well after that huge storm front was thinking it would have messed the fishing up a bit but I was wrong.... We started off instantly with a nice Salmon on the 231 dipsy, boys where fired up after that beauty and we get set back up and not 5 minutes later 12 color core going back quick give that one to Chris and turn to get the net and 300 copper goes peeling drag and Danny grabs that one just in time for port dipsy to fire and its getting crazy quick nets Chris's fish and hear the 400 copper take of (QUAD) .... We end up only getting two of the fish out of the four nice laker and beautiful bow.... The fishing continued good til about 11 and then it shut down... We went 13 for 16 and the guys kept some fish for the grill....

Mike

post-148405-0-37252000-1378167425_thumb.jpg

post-148405-13781665028749_thumb.jpg
Hector falls after the crazy storm this morning....

post-148405-13781664869572_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iron Duke

Nice going Mike. Man....no wonder there was a lot of debris with Hector running like that....

Edited by Sk8man

i had the boat all hooked up and ready to go.  checked the radar at 5:30, called my bro and said go back to bed.   glad you were eventually able to get out and catch fish.  i'm gonna try again weds. or thurs.   looks like the south end may be picking back up....

i had the boat all hooked up and ready to go. checked the radar at 5:30, called my bro and said go back to bed. glad you were eventually able to get out and catch fish. i'm gonna try again weds. or thurs. looks like the south end may be picking back up....

You made the right choice Dave ... The storm was quite the experience. .. We didn't get back on the water til almost 9..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app