Worked hard for the fish this weekend.  Marked tons and tons of fish in 90-95 in front of the dunes.  Worked these fish for a while but couldn't get a single release and from the radio talk no one could.  A lot of frustration and skunks this weekend.

We slid away from the pack into 115-130 FOW and marked tons of bait.  We got a couple rods to fire finally so we concentrated on this area the rest of the weekend.  We ended up with 2 on Saturday but like I mentioned we worked hard, trolled for over 12hrs straight. We were kept amused with the radio talk.  Specially the "brown top" incident.  We were laughing for at least 15 minutes after this battle.  If you were out there you know what I am talking about. 

Sunday we did ok in the morning going 3 for 5.  Thinking there might be an afternoon bite we came in for a small break and headed back out about 4ish.  Only one release all evening. We ran back in the dark and barely made "Breaking Bad" at the Port Ontario Lodge. 

Monday was our best morning going 4 for 6 without a boat within a 1/2 mile.  Two fish on the 450 copper, one on a dipsey and one on the rigger.  Headed in around noon. 

Not bad considering all the radio talk.  Only one fish on the downrigger all weekend but that doesn't surprise me this time of the year.  Ran a jplug all weekend long without a whack which did surprise me.  Largest was 28lbs and we got one coho.  So still no elusive 30lber for my boat.  Your typical white and green flashers and green flies caught all of our fish.  Spin doctors or echips none were more productive.  Trailered the boat home and now its time for my depression mode seeing my boat home.     

Come on spring!

Lost one on Sunday due to a rookie error. I attached a new fly to a flasher and apparently did not snap the swivel all the way and it pulled straight when the fish ran. Monday morning was good went right out to 120 with almost no boat traffic and got 2 on dipsey/spinny in green and white variations, Both good size, with the biggest at 30 lb. In having breakfast by 10 and on the river with fly rod in hand for the afternoon. It's a great time of year!

post-150486-0-27969000-1378313373_thumb.jpg

We fished off of Stoney Creek Saturday through Monday. Fished 125 FOW on Saturday, catching one coho and one 25 pound king both on the riggers. Sunday was slow for us as well, couple hits oh the dispy and one release on the rigger but nothing home. So bored we decided to go out to 135 FOW to catch some lakers. Sunday was the best day. Took some people new to fishing on the lake for lakers in the morning and caught our limits by 11:30. Went back into 125 FOW for salmon but not a hit. Ended up going all the way in to 76-80 FOW and caught 3 kings in 1 hour with the biggest being 33.5 pounds. Would have fished longer but had to get off the water before thethunderstorm storm. All the fish came off the down rigger with F/F out 25 to 30 behind the ball with the ball set right off the bottom.