Mexico Bay 08/30 and 9/2

Fished in 100 feet of water on Friday off  little Salmon. Great looking screen and went 7 for 7, all nice kings. 5 fish came on dipsys out 250 dialed to 2 with white or green flasher fly combos. 2 fish on green on green flasher fly combos down 85 on riggers. Fishing much slower 9/2. Went 3 for 6, 2 nice kings and a 15 pound hen coho. 2 on dipsys out 200 and 1 on green on green combo down 80 on rigger. Its a world class fishery.

Sounds like you had a great Labor Day wkend. I went out Friday and christened my boat by bringing in one 32 lb'der at 130fow 90' down with green/white flasher and Carmel dolphin Stinger. I'm new to all this and realized I was at a disadvantage not having dipsey rigs. Made an investment and can't wait to put the dipsey's in action this weekend. How much room do I need to give myself and other boats when running dipsey's? I don't want to mess anyone up while doing the dance with hundreds of boats in the bay. That's why I fished in 130' this weekend and stayed away from the traffic.

hey on runnin dipsys room wise would depend on how far out ur runnin them. usually 200 ft min . copper is a lot farther. but a lot of people are also runnin them to .. u can tell by lookin at their rods. i would stay min. of 75 yds to be safe . further with copper. if ur new to this and i can help call me my name is steve 315 507 7183. im up late and been fishin that llake and tribs since 79..

I was running my dipsys with wire line on a 2 setting out from 220 to 250. Tried one at 300 and caught zebra mussels in 90 feet of water. Even when it is busy, you should be ok out 250. No one should cut you off there.A couple of things about running dipsys, your turns need to be wider or your inside dipsy will get into the bottom and let them out slow or they can twist on the way down and cause a mess. Make sure you have good metal rod holders or the fish will tear the rod off the boat. I like to run my dipsy rods as low to the water as I can.  Good luck with them, there is a learning curve.

Thanks for all the help guys. There are a bunch of good dudes on this site. I had a great conversation with Steve a.k.a Darkstar this evening and got some great tips. Going to put all your advice into action this weekend out of Mexico Bay. Weathers calling for winds out of SSW at 13 on Saturday. I hear you don't want to be on Lake Ontario with winds out of the SW? May need to just go Goose hunting Saturday and fish on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

. I hear you don't want to be on Lake Ontario with winds out of the SW? May need to just go Goose hunting Saturday and fish on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

In the Bay with sw you will be fine.  You want to watch a west and nw wind.  I will be goose hunting sunday after looking at the upcoming forcast.  North at 25 wont be pleasent.

Fished in 100 feet of water on Friday off  little Salmon. Great looking screen and went 7 for 7, all nice kings. 5 fish came on dipsys out 250 dialed to 2 with white or green flasher fly combos. 2 fish on green on green flasher fly combos down 85 on riggers. Fishing much slower 9/2. Went 3 for 6, 2 nice kings and a 15 pound hen coho. 2 on dipsys out 200 and 1 on green on green combo down 80 on rigger. Its a world class fishery.

your 250 dipsey wire dipsey?