Where to take some guests in October and what species?

MNChris

I have some family coming into town (Rochester) the last weekend in October and I would love to show them the fishery we have here.  Any advice for me on where to go and what to fish for?  Anything in the color silver that we can get quantity would be great!  My feeling is that its getting a little late for the kings and its too early for the steelhead so I'm confused.  Also, any thoughts on if it would be best around here, either the Genny or go out in the lake fishing for staging steelies?  Or should I take them up to the Salmon river for some drift boat fishing or to the Niagra to fish the river?  Thank you for the help!

Two good areas come to mind. The deep water past 400' deep east of the sumerset plant west to off Olcott. The other spot that comes alive is the water near the Canadian border out deep off the Niagara. These have been traditional late season offshore steelhead and immature salmon hot beds. Tough to pick good weather days in October as the winds usually blow. For stream fishing....Eighteen mile at Burt Dam or steelhead fishing on the Catt. near the Springville dam.

Edited by Gill-T