new to site

efischlein

I am new to the site and am here to see what's going on out there, primarily in the finger lakes areas. I hail from Western NY and somewhat regularly fish Canandaigua, Hemlock, Keuka, with occasional trips to Seneca and Cayuga. When I can get my family and friends off the warmwater species I prefer to troll for trout and salmon. Growing up I spent my time downrigger trolling on many Vermont lakes, large and small (Champlain, Bomoseen, Glenn, and others). Having been moderatley succesful at transitioning (since 1992) the craft to the finger lakes, I have been researching on LOU to fine tune things so that I can continue to keep my "passengers", I mean fellow fishermen, interested.

This weekend I bring one of my buddies to Canandaigua in search of Lake Trout and Rainbows.

our last trip together on Canandaigua was in April where we did ok with Lake Trout. I have read that it's tough out there now, but I'm hopeful to replicate my efforts from last fall where Bows and Lakers were relatively easy to catch.

I will likely be on this lake September 7th, as well as the 26th thru the 29th. Any tips are appreciated, and if I have any success I'll try to post some info.

I also fish Ontario when I can, but not from my current vessel, a 16' lund.

Anyway I figured I'd finally get an account and maybe start posting....Hopefully I have some info worth posting!