RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report Sep 7-8

Well we got up to the lake too late to fish tonight. I talked to a couple of friends out there and it sounds like the fishing is still dead. They were 100-200fow. Temp is down 130ft and they were marking fish 120 down. If the weather cooperates I think we'll go offshore and see if we can find some steelies and 2-3yr olds.

We also checked out The Bay Street restaurant and Martini Bar, ok really only the martini bar haha.

We joined Wayne (stoutner) and his wife for a drink. It was a cool place witha huge martini selection. Theresa got one of their desert martinis made with Kona coffee liqour. It was pretty darn good! We've heard a lot of good things about their food as well. It's upscale and a bit pricey, but probably a nice change from the usual Sodus spots.

post-139811-13785224933729_thumb.jpg

post-139811-13785225395626_thumb.jpg

Good luck to everyone out there tomorrow, stay safe and tight lines!

Nick

Good morning ruff.. I fished olcott yesterday.. marked loads of FISH in 60_80 fow threw everything I had at them n cudnt get anything to go.. went out to 350 n caught steelhead 60ft down ... salvaged an otherwise very very slow day...lake was beautiful and I wasn't working... always a plus in my book...

Sent from my Torque using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Taking the boat back out of the water after this weekend is going to be kinda like having to go back to school for you folks isn't it? :lol:  Good luck today Nick and Theresa!

Most years around this time there are kings straight out from the channel (often closer than you might think too) if you can locate them and that's where I think I'd be with the storm potential....