RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report Sep 7-8

We fished out of Mexico Pt. Got there late yes! Left the house at 5am on the water 9:15. Headed NE to Salmon river. only a couple of boats out there. allot of boats coming in when we launched saying Nasty out there! Marked very few fish..had one hit on a 90 foot rigger over 140 feet. nothing home. threw all my tackle at them nothing..need to get some meat rigs! Great day though overall. alittle rain but stayed dry under the cover and side curtains. Brother and Mom got alittle queezy after on 30 minutes out in the 3-4' rollers..took some Dramamine, didn't say much for the next 3 hours! Mom took a nap in the cabin. was a fun day to be on the water none the less!

The wind sure has screwed  things up everywhere for the past few weeks. Good day to re-rig stuff and take it easy. I wish you folks a safe uneventful journey back to Pennsy. Thanks again for the fun reports and culinary expedition information :) Les

A couple of food reviews...

Yesterday we tried the Mexican place, Rincon Mexicano, in the Town of Sodus. It was very good! Highly recommend the guacaomole and any of the burritos!

post-139811-1378650772736_thumb.jpg

post-139811-13786508302315_thumb.jpg

post-139811-13786508560993_thumb.jpg

post-139811-13786508812555_thumb.jpg

Highly recommend it if you're craving some Mexican food.

This morning we had breakfast at the Coffee Cup in Alton, just across the road from where Rt14 meets Ridge Rd on your way out of Sodus Point. It was decent, but we still prefer Nick's Diner.

We had peach and rasberry pancakes along with eggs, bacon, and homefries. The food was good, the service was ok. Not a lot of seating for parties larger than 4.

post-139811-13786511352296_thumb.jpgpost-139811-13786511513147_thumb.jpg

The wind sure has screwed things up everywhere for the past few weeks. Good day to re-rig stuff and take it easy. I wish you folks a safe uneventful journey back to Pennsy. Thanks again for the fun reports and culinary expedition information :) Les

Thanks Sk8! Still hoping to get one last day of fishing in next weekend, I'd hate to end the season on a skunk!

A couple of food reviews...

Yesterday we tried the Mexican place, Rincon Mexicano, in the Town of Sodus. It was very good! Highly recommend the guacaomole and any of the burritos!

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif 1378650786899.jpg

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif 1378650843109.jpg

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif 1378650869674.jpg

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif 1378650895724.jpg

Highly recommend it if you're craving some Mexican food.

Ellie said it was the best guacamole she has ever had.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Try Blood Run copper ;)

I've got the blood run on my 300 copper and don't like it.  It seems more pliable and a bit softer and it seems to fray MUCH MUCH easier.  I'm pretty sure the reason the Opti-Tackle copper broke was that I switched to a heavier rubber band (ran out of my normal ones and all the store had was one of those dumb variety packs), plus I tightened the drag a bit more than normal due to the rough seas.

I spoke with Roy (Mudflat) at the docks and he stated that he runs the copper through the swivel twice to avoid the same problem I had, which was the copper breaking at the Spro inline swivel.  It's going to be tight feeding it through, but I'll have to give it a try.

That being said, I had a lot less problems with the albright knot last year (once I figured out how to tie it correctly).  The swivels have seemed to cause nothing but trouble this year.  Next year I'm going to try to the shrink tubing over them to see if that helps, if not, I'm going back to the albright knots!

Nick