Otisco 9-6

justtracytrolling

I met Tim and Steve at 6pm and we had lines in the water before 7 and first walleye was at 715. 23" on tdd11. Ran 2 spoons that Miss em has been running all evening and got 1 brown and a white perch. Then picked up a 22" bout 930 and that was it for us. Had 1 miss that was really quite a shot...split my tdd9 tail section. Ill post the pics from my phone.

justin

Way to go JT. the walleye like I said before are very nice size, just right for table fare. One thing I noticed is they all seem to be in the 20/22" range or do you put some smaller size ones back, would be interesting to know, and the last two posts you mentioned that you had some heavy hitters, just wondering what your thoughts were on that (Tigers) I can't believe that such nice walleye come out of Otisco with the Muskies in there up to and beyond 48" as they are lean mean walleye eating machines, and you catch the tigers trolling for walleye, so they must share the same waters (meaning you go north end for tigers and south for walleye) one way or another they are holding their own. Nice report and always a couple of great pictures, keep them coming congrats on the whole program you got going on JT.  PAP. 

Chris Ill keep the boat in till Halloween.  Last year the first 2 weeks of September the lake flipped and was tough fishing much like the end of june was.  This year seams about the same to me.  The week after the 15th, my birthday, last year it turned on and we had 5-6 fish catches.  Last year we couldn't catch on perch rapalas in fall at all, but the reef runners were on fire.  As far as sizes go we seem to catch from 22-28 inch fish but usually they will all be 22-24 or all 24 and up.  Pap keep in mind the walleyes live on the tigers too!  Last year I put a quite a few under 24 inches back, but now that the whole family is really into eating walleye I haven't put 1 legal fish back all season.  My freezer only has 1 package of walleye in it.  If we get into them this fall like last year Id like to have a freezer full.  Family threw me a nice party yesterday and everybody said they would like more walleyes.  I cannot catch them fast enough.  I wish I could give away the river eyes, but my family is fussy about water quality. Any of you regular posters and members feel free to pm me if you want to give it a try on my boat or your own. This weekend made 50 trips out on Otisco and gotta be close to 100 walleyes.  Tim I think we beter get caught up on the angler diaries here pretty soon.  Once deer season starts it will be harvest mode.  On a sad note my coyote hound Lil escaped and was hit and killed Thursday night.  We miss her terribly.

justin

Justin,

Really sorry to hear about your dog....it's like losing a family member...We went through it a year and a half ago and despite having another dog now that is great we still miss Max....our condolences bud.

Justin, I was so sorry to hear that "Lil" passed away. I'm sure that you will have many great memories of her. I know that your heart must be full of sorrow at this time, but you have received a great gift having to harvest a few yotes with her. though she will be greatly missed, you will always have a special place in your heart for her, a place that that only you and Tracy can share. God bless her and keep her close and may you and your family have piece knowing that she is in a very special place now, Your Friend PAP

Justin, Truly sorry to hear about your dog.  I know that hurt.

If you want to do some river eye fishing this winter, I would be up for that.  Got to be a lot a places between Corning and binghamton holding eyes. We looked for them upstream yesterday but couldn't get them to bite.  If you need to give them away, thats ok too.

Joe

Was out last night Justin and the thermocline is still around 30 feet.  No flip yet.  Figured these hard north and south winds would have moved it around but it didn't.   One 22 incher on a Purple silver prism thunderstick on 3.5 colors of core.  Not a touch on the spoon program last night.

Miss Em, Im new to this site and really appreciate all the info everyone shares about fishing Otisco. Just wondering if you could give me the water temp on Otisco last night. Hopefully heading up there this weekend andwith good luck will give my first report. Thanks, bulletny

Thanks for the update. I tried the spoon you gave me and bought a couple, but no eyes yet. Ill be out fri night and saturday. Ill start with a deep program 22 - 32. Once it gets dark you are gonna have to move in and up. Im gonna try and fish in as tight as i dare and start real shallow on the outside rod and near the thermoclime on the inner ones as soon as it gets dark. Anyone coming out let me know if you have a radio. Its just getting started at night.

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app