Canandaigua 9/7 am

launched out of woodville around 6 with ruger1nut, set up off the drop off and sent out a 100' copper on a walleye board, 300' 30# copper, 300' 60# copper, and a size 0 dipsey on 30# powerpro super slick, and 1 downrigger parked at 55'. First hit was on the rigger with an orange dreamweaver super slim, off after about ten seconds or so. Next hit was a nice 5# bow that hit a stinger dirty white boy on the 300' 60# copper. A few more rips on the copper and fish lost behind the boat and that was about it for the day. Fleas rendered the downrigger useless as I only had 10# big game. Rode the waves up to vine valley and turned back south, not a single hit heading into the wind and I had a tough time holding a decent speed going into the wind.

I'm assuming you were out toward the middle toward the east side with that 300 60lb copper out ? but did you come back on the west side at all? I'm thinking about Monday maybe and haven't heard any info on the west side at the south end (e.g. near the condos etc.). Thanks for the report and nice job of it....not the easiest fishing  out there right now. Les 

Edited by Sk8man

Yeah I hear ya the fleas were all over the braid and wire (which I expected but wanted to use) yesterday. I had the new 30 lb Blood Run SeaFlee on the riggers and virtually no problem....I had a17 lb fluoro leader too which only caught a few at the swivel. The 30 lb is great as an anti flea weapon but after years of using 12 lb test...it feels like I'm using 5/8 rope :lol: and the stuff stretches  a lot. Yes it is a wonder you did as well as you did fighting that wind etc. Sure canbe frustrating not being able to do all the stuff you have in your game plan. Thanks.

Edited by Sk8man

We fished in a small derbie yesterday of 30 people. Did quite well. 11 rainbows and just one Laker. Biggest rainbow and the Laker were both around6 &a half pounds. Our team ended up with lunker and 2 overall total weight of 3 fish. Did all rainbow in a stretch just before cooks point 45 to 60 ft in 145 ft of water.West side. All on Sutton spoons with blue the hot color. 2 doubles on Seth green rig. Fleas were tolerable. Great day

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the info. Just curious...did they get the new docks in at the south end....haven't launched there in a while...last time only the one with the railing..real pain when launching by yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

The picture was taken Tuesday (9/17). Looks like this is the permanent dock. These's a small spot still dug up on the north side of the ramp, but it looks too small be be an attachment point for another dock.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Lake Ontario United mobile app