Mexico Bay 9-7 Season's end (for us)

Launched at Port Ontario and cycled thru our way points to no avail running an assortment of stuff on the riggers and wires. 65 degree water to the bottom. Marked bait and fish but almost all fish were closely associated with bottom. My sense was the fish were negative but I don't usually fish after Labor day so there is probably much I don't know. It was just rough enough for our little 19' Islander that heading in was a relief. Picked up some terminal tackle and odds and ends at All Seasons and went home with our tail between our legs, drained the I/O and swapped the kicker over to the winter boat. Time to hunt...

Launched at Port Ontario and cycled thru our way points to no avail running an assortment of stuff on the riggers and wires. 65 degree water to the bottom. Marked bait and fish but almost all fish were closely associated with bottom. My sense was the fish were negative but I don't usually fish after Labor day so there is probably much I don't know. It was just rough enough for our little 19' Islander that heading in was a relief. Picked up some terminal tackle and odds and ends at All Seasons and went home with our tail between our legs, drained the I/O and swapped the kicker over to the winter boat. Time to hunt...

Amen to the hunting Chowder.     Mike.

Chowder, I hear you there. was pretty rough on Sat in my221 islander even. we hung on from about 9am to 4pm. had one release on a rigger in front of catfish but that was it. I didnt mark many fish atall

There were fish in the 160-170 fow, and temp was about 100 down, but by the time we got set up, on Saturday, the Mrs. was NOT wanting to be behind the wheel AT ALL.

It was plenty sloppy out there, with big rollers, and a washing machine chop on top of that.

We were not out for long, and came back in, and got the camper ready to pull back home this weekend.

All in all it was a lack-luster salmon season for us, and not afraid to admit it.

Gotta' get ready for hunting also.

We are going to put the big boat away now, and next fishing I'll do will be on the hard water.

Scott

Nice going guys! I'd stay on it but family,farming,working, waterfowl, and getting sorted for bow,turkey and pheasant just doesn't leave enough time to not pull the plug on something. We'll be back on the Finger lakes Atlantics by Xmas. Hammered the geese Sunday am, firing up the smoker this morning...