2013-2014 season License price heads up....

ERABBIT

When Pete came up this past weekend we went down to Wal-Mart to pick his 7 day license so I planned on picking my Non-Res. for next season....... the guy doing them said " in Feb. the Non-Res will be $50.00 it has passed but they will be $70.00 till every thing is done....... every thing is done he thinks that they have not figured out what they are going to charge the Res. for there,s and would still have to vote on it..................... so just so you know........ I'm more than likely will just pick mine up at the $70.00 than miss out on 8 to 10 days fishing or have a warm day to run back up for the late fall bite..............

nothing ever go's down in price

Tell a farmer that !!!!!

NY hunting and fishing license prices may drop

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 5:15 AM EST

<em class="wnDate">Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:15 AM EST</em>Updated: Feb 24, 2013 5:00 PM EST<em class="wnDate">Sunday, February 24, 2013 5:00 PM EST</em>
By WCAX News - bio | email

21294106_BG1.jpg
NEW YORK -

New York's hunting and fishing licenses may be getting cheaper.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo proposed a plan to cut the price of licenses in an effort to boost the economy. Under the governor's plan, fishing licenses for New Yorkers would drop from $29 to $25, and hunting licenses would be slashed from $29 down to $22. Fees would also drop considerably for out-of-staters, from $70 to $50 for a fishing license, and from $140 to $100 for a hunting license.

And the licenses would be good for the whole year, instead of just for the season.

The governor says outdoor sports spur some $8.1 billion of economic activity annually.

I guess it as worth it to me to pay the full shot so I don't end up like I did one year....being out on the ice with a mess of perch lying next to me and realising that I had forgot to get my license that year !  :)  Luckily I was near town on a weekday and went to the town clerks office.... :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

There were some minor changes to the adopted regulation changes to the license structure than the article reports. Fees are correct, except the part where all licenses are good for 1 year at time of purchase. Only the fishing license will be good for 1 full year from purchase. Also note no 7 day fishing only a 1 day for $10 This was not the Governors idea either. After the safe act debacle to pretend to make ammends with sportsman, he just picked it up from CFAB,NYSCC and FWMB boards who were pushing for it. They were pushing for reduction in fees since Cuomo did crazy cuts to DEC staff and programs and the conservation fund was holding huge surpluses of money. Money that Cuomo wanted to raid for other uses. So yes we can pay less for our fishing license, but we are getting less programs and support from DEC.

Governor Cuomo had a press release and claimed the plan as his own....truth is that the plan came from the conservation fund council and Cuomo stole it. The council objected to the state continuing to collect our license money and not spending it. During the recent past DEC has not been allowed to fill staff vacancies due to across the board state austerity budgets. Meanwhile, fund balances ballooned and DEC programs suffered.

Do not be confused. Cuomo is not a friend to sportsmen.

When Pete came up this past weekend we went down to Wal-Mart to pick his 7 day license so I planned on picking my Non-Res. for next season....... the guy doing them said " in Feb. the Non-Res will be $50.00 it has passed but they will be $70.00 till every thing is done....... every thing is done he thinks that they have not figured out what they are going to charge the Res. for there,s and would still have to vote on it..................... so just so you know........ I'm more than likely will just pick mine up at the $70.00 than miss out on 8 to 10 days fishing or have a warm day to run back up for the late fall bite..............

Hey, that's great us out of "staters" get a break, it hurt when it went to $70.00. That's another 5 gallons of gas. One more trip out to Stony!! 

I lived in ny york finger lakes until i was 18 moved back after military. moved away for work and am now an out of stater . fish the trout derby and ontario .... if you complain about an 70 dollar out of state fee maybe you should stay home or look at the cost of some other states .... :mooning:  :mooning:  :mooning:   

I lived in ny york finger lakes until i was 18 moved back after military. moved away for work and am now an out of stater . fish the trout derby and ontario .... if you complain about an 70 dollar out of state fee maybe you should stay home or look at the cost of some other states .... :mooning:  :mooning:  :mooning:   

Too bad when you lived in N.Y. you didn't go to school and learn to understand what you read.. :* ...... who was or is complaining about the $70.00 on this thread :mooning:  ???? It's just a head up thread that has GONE the wrong way.... :puke: ... ..... if me thinking about saving $20.00 by waiting is your issue here......... :mooning::*   :mooning::*   :mooning:  :* ....back at YA !!!!!

Too bad when you lived in N.Y. you didn't go to school and learn to understand what you read.. :* ...... who was or is complaining about the $70.00 on this thread :mooning:  ???? It's just a head up thread that has GONE the wrong way.... :puke: ... ..... if me thinking about saving $20.00 by waiting is your issue here......... :mooning::*   :mooning::*   :mooning:  :* ....back at YA !!!!!

Thanks ERABBIT, as I opened up the post and read it, I was just about to come unglued!! Who's complaining? all I said is "it hurt" just like the price of gas, we all still drive around. $70 buys a good steak dinner or a gallon of maple syrup, or a dealerships oil change..... or....a whole year's worth of fishing.... sounds fairly cheap if you look at it that way. PA. non-res. $63.00 (?) but some folks thought differently non-res fishing season 40,122=$2,808,540...non-res.7-day 48,413=$726,195...which they claim is down from previous years and lowering the price would be an act to try to boost the economy.

Another great source of income is the salmon river which generated $3million in 90 days mostly by out of staters. When you have $500.00 in fishing gear to catch a half dead fish what's another $70 to be legal and go about your business and have fun. My dad once told me ANY word ending in "ING" is going to cost you $$$$$.

:)  :)  :)  :) hot dog the old rabbit jumps....not enough rods not enough help from the dec not enough fish ..to many flees to many taxes ..to manny laws and now cant have manny guns or magizines to boot ...ya tell me about ny I live in bama now my pistol licence is 20 dollars a year concealed carry no pistol numbers on it the permit is good for all guns you wish to carry they dont want to know how manny you  own ... whats next rubber dull hooks for you new yorkers .... GO COMO ... :) OHHH SOME SMILES FOR RABBIT HE NEEDS THEM FOR SURE

Poking a rabbit with a pole can be kinda like poking a grizzly sometimes poke pole....you never know whats going to come of it :lol:  Sometimes it is more productive just leaving well enough alone in the berry patch.....

At this rate you may as well get a lifetime lisence. My parents got my brother and myself the lifetime when we were each 12- best thing I've ever gotten (cost 350 at the time). 14 years later and I'm still fishing/ hunting with no fees! Add a sportsman license up over 14 years you're at 800ish?

Hence the reason I bought my Lifetime Sportsman License three years back before they upped the cost of them..I figure I will already be at the break even point in 2 years

I like briar patches got used to them chasing the coon dogs around ...but not to worried about grizzly bears ..seems alot like sportsmen are never happy though 70 dollars for a year of fishing seems pretty cheap to me im an out of stater no lifetime licence for me...still buy it every year why.... i like to fish kinda like putting gas in your truck you do it because you need it just like fishing for most we need it ....