preferred catch

Legacy

what fish would be you next choice?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. what fish would be you next choice?

• Bows
    • Cohos
    • Browns
    • Lakers

I think the above posters have all just caught too many kings... well except YT, we all know that's not the case with him (j/k ;) )

But seriously... nothing fights like a king, maybe pound for pound, but 25lb king vs the usual 5lb steelie... I'll take the king first, then after I've caught one or two of them, yeah I love a good steelie... like this one...

vertical.jpg

But I'd prefer a rack like this any day...

bobrack.jpg

Nick

I think the above posters have all just caught too many kings... well except YT, we all know that's not the case with him (j/k ;) )

But seriously... nothing fights like a king, maybe pound for pound, but 25lb king vs the usual 5lb steelie... I'll take the king first, then after I've caught one or two of them, yeah I love a good steelie... like this one...

vertical.jpg

But I'd prefer a rack like this any day...

bobrack.jpg

Nick

This sum bi*ch! Last time I help you out up west! I also know where your boat is docked Spring and Summer ;) You may find a present in it some day!

Oh by the way click on this and scroll down. No Lakers or Browns for this team!

http://www.crazyyankeesportfishing.com/your_captain.htm

I voted for bows myself. But another trophy fish not listed is the Atlantic. I realize that they are not nearly as plentiful however. Also, if it is any consolation to Nick, the best Atlantic I ever caught was returned to me in a condition that I too was dissatisfied with. The taxidermist did a phenomenal job on the king I had done, but the Atlantic was a different story.

Atlantics are awesome looking fish, and do jump out of the water just like steelhead when hooked. The X's and T's would make a great looking fish mount or Reproduction. I voted Steelies, but any fish in the boat are better than none, (even lakers) I usually release most anyway if they will make it. Way back when, Atlantics were the only Salmon in Lake O.- Mick

well im with the majority on this one. in my eyes the best days of fishing are catching kings off the dipseys and deep riggers, and catching bows off the high riggers and short cores. another vote for the bows

I'll go with some of the above posts - steelies are more of a thrill than kings sometimes. I like catching cohos too. The others are more fun on spinning gear or light action trolling setups. And if the action dies late morning in the summer, I'm casting for smallies. Guess I just like catching fish! :lol: