2004 Trophy Pro w/4.3 merc....where's the oil filter ?

antney1

I have searched high and low for the oil filter. Took off the dog house, layed on my stomach, almost got my arm stuck. Tried using a mirror and still couldn't find. Can someone please tell me where the flock the oil filter is and how the flock do you get it out !!??

Thanks

If I'm standing looking at the engine, it's on the right side.... how far back ?? Is it right in the middle or way back by the transom ?? How do you get it out ?? Like I said I almost got my meat hooks stuck looking for it

Looking at the back of the boat it's on the right side under the exhaust manifold... key word under. Prb 3/4 the way back. It's a pretty big oil filter you should be able to see it easily- unless it has an external filter in which you will see a few hoses coming out of the engine in the same place.

You'll have to lay down and get in some weird positions to make it work!

Try a google search for pics

Edited by NickR

Bac right side just like everyone said lay on your side(right) put your chest against belt pulleys should be able to reach filter with your hand. Been finding mine for 18 yrs. good luc cdq's dad.

They do suck to get to.K&n makes an oil filter with a 1/2 in nut welded on the bottom. I found its easier to use a socket wrench to get off instead of trying to wiggle a filter wrench in the tight spot. It is a pf52 delco number I believe. Hope this helps

Yepper, found it !!  I had to lay across the engine in order to reach it, apparently arms are to short to reach it from the front. Anyway, purchased a cup wrench and that made easy work of it.... thanks to all who replied

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, a plate with hose connections mounts on the block in the filter location, with supply and return hoses to a remote filter bracket.  I actually didn't get the Merc one I got a Small Block Chevy remote filter kit from JC Whitney for a 1/3rd of the cost.

Tim