fall lake fishing

john1947

The last two trips out of Pultneyville  I have met only one other boat fishing in sight.There are many fish to be had and find it hard to belive more would not be out.This summer was also barren on the lake for fellow fishermenFew boats were out till the fall derby.In past years there would be many boats in sight.

Ive always kepy my boat in till November.This year the lake is higher than normal so docks should be good till november.

Fishing was also good with returning to spring tactics boated many a fish.Even venturing offshore for immature salmon is a good bet.

the longer we keep fishing  the shorter the winter for sure.

The finger lakes fishing is insane in the fall! I put bow season on hold the past few years and keep the boat ready until almost thanksgiving. It is a little easier to have her ready later having the boat in a garage year round. You can actually fish Canandaigua without having your boards run over by a wake boarder :)

I'm fishing out Hughes Marina, named our boat the Klondike Willy.  After my first two PB's.  Anyways took my brother out yesterday in the p.m. and trolled from just about Ginna east to Sodus Point.  Marked fish anywhere from 95-45'.  Lots of bait too.  Ran about 1.5-2 miles out maybe a bit less.  2 bites on the down riggers but no hook ups.  New at this and like my 5th time out since we bought the boat.  I am just finding my sea legs so to speak.  Kind of rolly out there yesterday in the afternoon.  But did mark what seemed to me like a lot of fish.  So there ya go.  thanks

thats where the small boat is an advantage i keep it ready till the freeze hits than if it warms back up i can get it back running in a hour.  last year i was fishing the south end of seneca in janurary still and had it back out for browns in march makes for  a nice long season and definatly avoids the crowd

Yep fishing in a 24' Pro Line with a 225 OptiMax using sea anchors, one or two as I see fit, but mostly one.  I think we have to have the boat out of Hughes by 10/15.  I'll hit the streams after that and do a bit of bow huinting with my longbow.  thanks