Canandaigua 9-14-13 Would you trust this guy with YOUR fish?

Sk8man

Admiral Byrd and I set out this morning in my boat  after he got his beauty sleep (much needed by the way) looking for rainbows and browns. We took some temps in front of the pump house 70 degrees surface  and 50's down 65 ft. or so. Set out tx44 with spoon leadcore with 6 colors, a wire rig a large  Deeper Diver dipsey  with green/chrome Spinny and white fly and a braid rig with medium dipsey with green flasher and green tinsel fly and two riggers with spoons and sliders with spoons set at 45 and 60 ft. Trolled for long time without anything happening. Tried lure changes and depth adjustments as well as distances back....nothing the whole time out with downriggers.  Had good hit on Spinny and got off before we picked up the rod but it was pumping pretty good. Then one small laker on Spinny/fly combo released unharmed. A few "hits and gones" along the way on the wire rig Nothing on braid. A few hours into it we decided to start adding a Seth Green rig then two instead of the braid and a leadcore. Had a brief hit on rig  jug rig checked and gone. Then the rig fired again and it looked like a small laker or something let it set and then a few minutes later it was another hit...I figured another "snake" laker so started reeling in and then something started taking line feeling heavier all the time....got down to the 3rd leader and it was a about a 4 lb bow and Bob then spotted another fish turning on its side below it  and it was another bow about 5 lbs and a nice looking male with a bit of a kype. We released the first bow at the back of the boat unharmed and then Bob held up the 5 pounder for a pic before release  and the pic below is what happened next....(the fish survived and took off like a shot when released). Fun day with total ball busting the entire time. Nothing like a day onthe pond with the Admiral....if you survive it.... :lol:

post-145411-0-01195300-1379187883_thumb.jpg

Thanks for inviting me Les. Greast photo, I was so preoccupied with not hurting the fish that I didn't know you where taking a picture ....or I would have smiled! Slow day on the pond but relaxing none the Les.

Bob

Hope Kevin & company made out better than us.

Bob, nice photo! :lol:  We COULD have had a good day, but had the worst case of the dropsies we have had all year, 1/5 in 2 hrs one 6.5lb bow, lost two other real nice ones. I usually blame Dave but he put the only fish in the boat. It was also his biggest rainbow and first dipsy fish. All dipsy and  flasher fly bites