Need advice on a make shift rod holder

eviltroll

I bought a rod holder with two tite lok tubes on it. The person that I bought it off of didnt have the bottom pieces so I'm kind of in a jam with what I could do with this. Tite lok does not sell the swivel base part I need, atleast I couldn't find it. I want to separate the two of these and use them like normal. Or if anyone has any suggestions please shoot them at me here's some pics of what I'm dealing with and keep in mind I have a lund 1650 xlpost-153574-13793673674662_thumb.jpgpost-153574-13793674284768_thumb.jpg

If you are referring to the radius piece with the holes in it to lock it into its degree position, I am sorry to inform you that that is part of the tube itself. Just flattened out and drilled for the various degree positions. You would have to custom make something and insert it into the tube or have it welded on. In either case it would probably be cheaper to just purchase new holders.

Sorry for the info.

Well I only paid 15$ for this so if i can come up with anything or have to put some money into it I'm not worried about it. Everything is aluminum so I have my money in scrap at the very least but I think I can come up with something. I have a board in back with two penn fathom master riggers on the outsides and two Scotty plastic rod holders on the inside but I want to replace the plastic Scotty's because its a pain in the ass to get the reels out of with a fish on.

Yah I actually think the guy used it to have two rod holders on his downrigger so I'm goin to see if I can work something out with the penn fathom master. If not my dad is a machinist we will be able to figure something out. I talked to the guy at the tackle shop I go to and just like online he can only order the bases and rings.

Looks like you have part of one of the titeloc holders on the black plastic piece mounted to the flat plate.   Make a second one and put the tubes back on them.   Look at the store and you can make the flat Alum. piece that goes under the tube bracket easy.   The black pipe looks like a cannon boom piece.

Edited by Big Dave

Oh so your saying the piece that's holding the tubes the flat aluminum piece is actually the bottom to one of the tite loks? So then I would take one. Then I would just have to come up with another bases for the other? And yeah i was thinking it was for a cannon too.