Hats off to Raymarine..

Sluggo / NY

Had a problem steering on the last trip out.. took two hands to turn the wheel. The autopilot (x5r) worked fine, but steering by hand was a bear. Unit's about 1-1/2 years old. Got ahold of Raymarine and they sent a new wheel contol unit in a few days. I don't usually have that kind of luck.. nice for a change! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Edited by Sluggo / NY

Thanks for the reviews guys! Looking at Raymarine for replacing another Raymarine on my boat ,that is no longer available . Never had any problems with it but just want to upgrade. Glad to know the company is commendable!

Mark

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had a problem steering on the last trip out.. took two hands to turn the wheel. The autopilot (x5r) worked fine, but steering by hand was a bear. Unit's about 1-1/2 years old. Got ahold of Raymarine and they sent a new wheel contol unit in a few days. I don't usually have that kind of luck.. nice for a change! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Maybe hope for mine .... I replaced the steering cable over the winter ...a few weeks into this season I just tore the unit off the wheel and slid in under the dash because that was the problem NOT the cable.... guess I'd better just send it back and see if they can fix it !!!!

On my ocean boat I had several RAymarine products. The repair facility is within a half hour from me. When ever I had a problem it was always fixed within a day or two at the most. I did let them know I was a charter captain and need my stuff fixed asap but I'm not sure that made a difference. Once I got a call as I was driving home that my unit was repaired! Don't get me wrong I never had a bunch of problems with any Raymarine products, but when I did (3 maybe 4 times, GPS and RAdar) they were taken care of quickly and fairly.

Spike

Just make sure their going to support the product in the future.  Electronics change every year.  Don't expect a product you buy today to be factory fixable 3 years from now.  That's what I ran into with my DX fish finder.

Tom B.

(LongLine)