What is your favorite trolling spoon?

HallettB&T

Are you looking for brand or color pattern?

If pattern / color for me it would have to be glow frog right now. Up to four years ago it was the Miami Dolphin. I do not have a preferred brand. For why, it just produces more hits for me tan any other color.

Edited by Richard

I've used them all over the years. Presently I prefer the Michigan Stinger collection, especially the new UV patterns. Dan Keating lists his top ten favorites in his book "Great Lakes trout and Salmon Fishing". I think color matters based on weather conditions as well as Lake conditions and size of the lure based on the bait they are feeding on. Maybe that's why I have at least over a thousand spoons on hand.

Northport Nailer 3.75'" Blue Mahi Glow  http://www.northportnailer.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_24&products_id=290

Reason I like it.......it catches all species.  Having the blues, greens, glow, orange and the flash of a silver cup covers almost the full spectrum of good fish catching colors in a pattern that looks realistic.  I don't have to weed thru different colors "of the day" in my spoon collection to find the hot spoon when all the colors are represented in the pattern already.....and that breeds confidence.  The spoon also works at the speed I like to troll at which is important (2.25 mph). 

Dreamweaver and Stinger SeaSick Wabbler in Stingray and Mag size this year because it consistently caught kings for us throughout the summer off the riggers and behind the dipseys.

The most impressive spoon I ever bought was the Michael Jackson spoon, when it first came out you couldn't keep it in the water, but as time went on it fizzed out, I still run it every now and then, but it doesn't produce like it used to. Don't know why, but that's the way it goes.