Sutters IBay breakin

UpGrady

Stopped down this late afternoon to strip down the boat for the season and was greeted by a wide open cabin and broken hasp... they took my pair of saltist 30's with 10' heartlands with wire and an sg47lc on 9' heartland with wire and a greatlakes 47lc on great lakes system 9' slide divee setup likely because it was tangled up with the wire in the rod holders.... sutters is reviewing video tapes and filed a report but if anyone sees this stuff for sale let me know! They were kind enuff to rezip the canvas so they were neat aholes anyway...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ahh Hans, that's terrible buddy. I believe there was another I-Bay break in posted on this site. I hope there is video evidence and if so, it will be broadcast on the news so these f-kers will be punished.....

What a way to end the season,

Chris

Yeah...I looked thru Craigs and posted here just in case anyone runs across a "DEAL"... they knew what they were taking... they chose the wire setups and the saltist reels... did not touch the other 10 setups in there... didn't touch and tackle or lures hanging...

I knew I had to get the boat unrigged and just could not get down there last weekend to do it... sad that I knew this, just speaks to the scum out there and what we have to do to protect ourselves from them.

I hope you recover your stuff Hans. It is puzzling that they didn't touch the other stuff though and as much as I hate to say it it sounds like somebody who fishes and is adding them to their own stuff rather than selling or they would have taken everything...especially if it was drug money related motive etc. I'd keep an eye out around there....

Edited by Sk8man

Ahh Hans, that's terrible buddy. I believe there was another I-Bay break in posted on this site. I hope there is video evidence and if so, it will be broadcast on the news so these f-kers will be punished.....

What a way to end the season,

Chris

Yep.. this was me.. newport marina - ibay -  no sign of the gear anywhere on the internet.. same deal though.. only took the valuable fishing gear I had on the vessel.  left other non-trolling gear / equipment..  zipped the canvas back up..   sutters get anything from the video?  

I just can't imagine going for my gear and its GONE!!. Every year we hear about this type of $hit and SKman makes secne, there are 2 types of scumbags out there, druggies who will take anything and the fellow fisherman, who can't afford the higher end gear, and they only take what they want, so they close everything up and act like nothing happened. Still a scumbag!! Hope all is found and returned. Sorry to hear this crap, makes me sick!!!!