Another early season goose hunt

Nice bunch of birds, I was wondering what do you do with the meat, I tried many different ways to eat it with not to much success. Finally a guy told me to grind it up and make slim jims, like you would with deer, so I tried it and it turned out really good. My daughters liked it, they are always after me to make jerky, so maybe next time I get one I'll try to make jerky out of it. I personally don't hunt for them, but my brother-in-law hunts for them and they do quite well, it's easy to drop them off at my house and in a week or two pick up your goods, but I enjoy it.

I have some brining for the smoker right now. Many ways to use it. I make jerky and smoke the breast of the larger birds and grill the smaller ones. I also save the leg and thigh meat and grind it and mix with pork for breakfast and Italian sausage. ( I hate to waste anything) I also sometimes have it made into sticks, pepperoni, kielbasa etc. but that can get costly. A lot of people say they don't like it but if you prepare it correctly it can be delicious.