Fishing the west pier right now, took my fisrt pier king in over a decade about a half hour ago. Mature 2 year old 14 or 15 lb male. Picture later, it's on the camera right now. Slow night out here, thats the only fish I've seen caught on the west pier since we got here at 8:00. 3/4 oz green glow KO Wobbler.

I know great picture, Mike snapped the shot while I was talking

No that is your typical fish pose face. You look like one of the "all night bottle tippers" found out there. Glad your back in the saddle again......least you can't sink while on the pier.

No that is your typical fish pose face. You look like one of the "all night bottle tippers" found out there. Glad your back in the saddle again......least you can't sink while on the pier.

This is a great post.

I was out on the east pier 9-20 as well.

I was with about 10 people, staged about 20 ft. from the path.

We had bottles tipping all over, but my "salmon virgin" friend landed his first ever, 18.5 lbs, 36".

He was super excited.

Friday was super nice, I should have took the boat out.

Still undecided on what to do and where to go next weekend.

Where there lots of fish jumping?  Where the heck are all the fish this year?!?!?  My fishing log shows the water temps were 4-5 degrees warmer last year at this time and there were fish everywhere.  This year, it seems like the fish disappeared.

Phil

Yes, they are in the river, all the way up to devils hole. I went to the lower last weekend, and lost about 60-70$ worth of tackle before I quit.

I will be heading to Olcott this Friday on my boat.

I hope to get out by 6pm, and stay till 1-2am.

Ill be running deep divers, J-plugs, kwik fish and might just plop some skein in the water too.