Cherokee 270 Sportfisher

wnyfisherman

For Sale:

1990 Cherokee 270 Sportfisher ( http://www.cherokeeboats.com/270Sportfisher.asp )

This is a fully rigged fishing vessel. 27' with a 9’4†beam, a forward located engine, which gives you an enormous amount of unobstructed fishing space. Powered by a 5.7 Liter Vortec fuel injected inboard that was completely replaced for the 2011 season has only 170 hours ($9000 in receipts to prove the work). Also included in the sale is a 1997 Four Winns dual axle galvanized trailer with brand new heavy duty carpeted bunks. Both have clear title/registrations. Fresh oil/filter change,trans fluid change, was fogged and winterized.

Electronics:

Raymarine C70 Chartplotter /GPS/ Fishfinder w/Airmar Dual Freq. Transducer

Raymarine Radar

Raymarine Smart Pilot Auto pilot

Moor SubTroll 900 & probe

Secondary Garmin Color GPS/Fishfinder

Uniden VHF radio with Whip Antenna

Sony CD/Radio with 4 water proof speakers

Lewmar power windlass w/Anchor

Bennett Trim Tabs

Guest 20 amp ProCharger w/ two battery switch

Remote GoLight Spotlight on pulpit

Dual power windshield wipers

Fishing Gear:

Two Cannon Mag 10a Elec. Downriggers w/ 12 &15 lb weights

Two sets Bone Collector Custom Aluminum adj. four rod holders

Six rod Rocket Launchers w/ Spreader Lights

Several Perko flush mount holders

Removable filet board

Berkley overhead rod storage in Berth

Boat has a full length swim platform, pump out head, and raw water wash down. Forward berth has tons of storage, and new removable cushions that convert to a two person bed. Brand new forward bilge with auto float switch. Rear deck has a largle removable fish box, and a secondary auto bilge. Hull still has a great gloss with fresh Pettit bottom coat at seasons end. Two spare props and a puller included. Two items of note are a non functioning cockpit heater, and some minor scratches on hull. Please, feel free to bring your surveyor to check her out too… Sea trials for serious buyers of course- when weather permits. I have a survey for review, but it is outdated.

Calls only please- (716)994-6836        

$16750 * spring pricing

Tight-lines, Anthony

Edited by wnyfisherman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what is the H.P of the new engine. And how many hours are on the boat.  thanks

The post reads 170hrs and a 5.7 or 350cid according to Mercruiser it's 260 hp. I rebuilt mine this year with better heads and bored 30 over which makes it a 355cid and a Holley 2 barrel which flows 500cfm on the dyno pushed 290hp. the reason I had it dynode is because I have access to a buddy of mine who has a speed shop and I wanted to know everything was right before I put it back in. I was tickled pink with the results, sounds sweet and works great.

Edited by pap

• 2 months later...

The post reads 170hrs and a 5.7 or 350cid according to Mercruiser it's 260 hp. I rebuilt mine this year with better heads and bored 30 over which makes it a 355cid and a Holley 2 barrel which flows 500cfm on the dyno pushed 290hp. the reason I had it dynode is because I have access to a buddy of mine who has a speed shop and I wanted to know everything was right before I put it back in. I was tickled pink with the results, sounds sweet and works great.

Did he suggest a camshat that would be torque-specific in the rpm range you at, when up on plane?

I picked a cam out of a Mercruiser motor parts catalog  that John had and it was very close to the numbers on the original cam and merc. numbers with the after market heads and bored . 30 over I picked out a cam with torque starting at 900 rpm and pulls to 4300 rpm and the horsepower starting at 1100 and still making power at 4500 rpm, on the dyno. they worked well from 1100-4500 and still wanted to keep pulling at 5000 rpm I told John that's enough it will never see that kind of abuse. Out of the hole it literally stands on end and leaps on plane and at 3200 we were going 35mph. and that seemed like we were flying, and yet it trolls nice for hours and don't run hot , but I will have a kicker so she will only be used to get to and from. I was happy!! 

Edited by pap

• 2 weeks later...