Keuka 9-22-13

Launched out of Branchport at 545 AM for our FLTA fall tournament on Keuka and ran waaaaay south.. Knowing the fronts in the past few weeks have really screwed up the fishing was hoping to just get a few decent fish for weigh in and keep the title hope still alive.... We ran cores coppers riggers dipsys and rigs..... I was extremely under the weather this weekend so I pretty much drove the boat thru my favorite spots and My dad Dave and Matt controlled the spread and lure selection.... We were into lakers all morning but just not picking up the quality size we were after, so after we changed our program over mid morning to try to get a few off fish which has been tough in years past but after about an hour I see the 5 color core pulling a Finger Lakes Tackle frog spoon Bobby custom made for me take a visious and I mean board flying backward and under water it goes smack , I grab the rod and manage to get this beautiful 4.5 lb Rainbow to the boat... Over all we went 18 for 20 all lakers except for the one bow and finish second overall for the day.... Congratulations to all that fished and a big thumbs up to Joe( keepin it reel) on his Second tourney win in his first season with the club... That is a huge accomplishment with competion and trolling skills that all our members have....

Mike

post-148405-1379946840309_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Nice rainbow Mike. There used to be tons of rainbows in there .....but recently not many being reported on.

Yeah , our club does two tournaments on Keuka each year and I help my friend with quite a few charters over there each year and it has become a lot more of a rarity to catch a brown, bow or salmon ... We worked extremely hard to find that one bow Sunday and only one other boat weighed in an off fish....

Mike

Thanks mike!! And good job on the bow impressive for that lake!!! And I really enjoy these events and I encourage more to join the club the events are fun the people are nice the competition is great!!! Be nice to add about 10 more members

I would like to get more info on joining your FLTA club, sounds like fun and a great excuse to do more fishin!

The weigh ins work like this ... You can way up to 5 fish but only three lakers the others have to be salmon bows or browns. Best weight takes the win... The club also introduced a new rule this year of only one Rainbow per boat can be weighed in to protect them a bit more....must follow all DEC Rules and Regulations as well.... If you guys are still interested send me a pm and I will get you hooked up with the info ....

Mike

I would like to get more info on joining your FLTA club, sounds like fun and a great excuse to do more fishin!

yes the club is a lot of fun and its cheap to fish 25$ for the year and 25$ per tournament no more then 20 lures in the water at a time and as mike has said all dec regs must be followed 10 tournaments a year and you drop your 2 low scores and.and if you wan to know what's in my creel join the club I will

Show you at every weigh in hahahahah

yes the club is a lot of fun and its cheap to fish 25$ for the year and 25$ per tournament no more then 20 lures in the water at a time and as mike has said all dec regs must be followed 10 tournaments a year and you drop your 2 low scores and.and if you wan to know what's in my creel join the club I will

Show you at every weigh in hahahahah

Lmao !! That's right Joe you never know what you might find in there.... Basically the club is great fun with a great group of fisherman and woman.... we fish Seneca Cayuga Owasco Keuka and Canadaigua.

Mike

Lmao !! That's right Joe you never know what you might find in there.... Basically the club is great fun with a great group of fisherman and woman.... we fish Seneca Cayuga Owasco Keuka and Canadaigua.

Mike

Ok I am in but only one WOMAN??  Which one of the guys are you calling a woman :lol: ??  BTW where do I sign up for next year?