Lower Unit oil question

Sea Lion

Hi

I just bought 2 quarts of 80 w90 at $13 each. I went to Walmart and a gallon is 80 w90 is $13. I paid 4 times the amount at West Marine. The gallon I saw at Walmart said nothing about marine. Is it the same thing or did I pay the. 'marine' price..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think the lower unit marine lube might be synthetic and the gallon is probable the run of mill the gear oil  JMO. I run Quick Silver (Merc. replacement) synthetic lube, yea it more$$$ but I can't find a cross-over for it. It's $26.00 every other year so I'm not going to spend to much time trying to save $2.00 Look at the cost of Mobil1 and you will see the price vs. Mobil 5w-30 regular oil

I'm buy no means a supporter of west marine, only ever been in the Water Town one looking for a prop I managed to wreck over at Chaumont bay boat launch. West marine was T-total out of their mind!! Ended up in Clayton and got one for 1/3 price

West Marine is the Babies R Us of boating. Just looking to lure in the newbies and clueless to abuse them at the register. Around here the Marina prices are lower, and those are still 25% over online retail. 

Hoping Cabelas opening helps, as Gander isn't bad for price but their selection is pretty thin.