Canandaigua 9-25-13 tried for repeat but....

Sk8man

Had to give it another shot this morning after yesterday. Trolled the same area on the west side (against the south wind with the big motor). marked a lot of fish out from pump house in 60 ft water circled around several times even running the ball 1ft of bottom... several lure changes ...no takers. Trolled to Danny's place without a hit. Turned and went east to 100 ft and trolled north on the east side from the point south of the Christian camp and went deep and first rainbow hit on downrigger set at 50 ft. and 40 ft back over 197 ft with orange and silver Pirate spoon (looks like NK28). Didn't touch slider (25 incher) about 5 1/2lbs released unharmed despite having to net him because so crazy . Trolled on ...another one on 50 ft. downrigger with small black Evil Eye slider with green tape.....jumped several times and then spit the hook about 20ft from boat looked about 3-4 lbs and released unharmed. Trolled into 234 ft. and had heck of hit on 58 ft downrigger and "game on" knew it was a decent rainbow as he kept taking line then he jumped a bunch of times in a row and put up great fight....but because of it he was shot by the time I got him in so I had to box him (6 pounder). By then it was noon and time to go home. I ended up filleting  him and giving him to an elderly lady I know down the road as my wife is complaining about the lack of freezer space :) . I remembered my camera today so here are some pics.

post-145411-0-68381300-1380140318_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-12007100-1380140337_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Nice job Les....... just got back up here.....Lake was flat when I was picking up stuff at Wal-Mart........so I got a bite and went down about 1ish..... big motor would not idle.... went out anyway ..... it quit just as I cleared the marinia..... got the kicker running and fished close...... nothing after a bout hour and a half I called it skunk in the box...... be working on the big motor in the am...... if you get back out nail them again Les !!!!!!!

Thanks guys. Hope you make out OK with the big motor Ed. It can be a pain...and painfully expensive sometimes. I've been running some of that Sea Foam in mine lately and it seems to idle fine..... Les

Thanks. I've been trying to avoid "lakerland" lately but yesterday as soon as I went 60 or below they were "on it" :)  I wish there were landlocks in here but I pretty much target the bows as they are the most fun. I try to release 90 percent or more of them. I have been trying for browns as well but have not been successful for whatever reason. There used to be some real hogs in here but lately I haven't heard of anyone getting them.....not sure what is going on there....wondering if low water levels in the Fall have been messing up their spawn cycle or something. A few years ago I saw a 16 pound brown that had been caught here. I ran one line way back today with 8 lb test fluoro and spoons and sticks that have been successful in the past and fished the dropoffs  in shallower early this AM and nothing....

To my knowledge there aren't any gobies in Canandaigua Lake. The browns can be bottom-oriented and that's why I ran my weight about1ft. off it  when I marked some fish down there but they looked pretty much like lakers and weren't interested in any case.

Thanks Joe. Best of luck to you....although from the way you've been going in the tourneys thus far...I guess I should just say "keep doing what you're doing" :lol:  Wish I wasn't tangled up this weekend...sounds like fun.

Ah thanks Mike.....some action here too in real close too (spoke with a couple guys I know real well early this morning at launch). I hope to get down to Seneca soon. Thank God I don't hunt anymore it's bad enough being torn between the trout and the perch :)

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks Joe. Best of luck to you....although from the way you've been going in the tourneys thus far...I guess I should just say "keep doing what you're doing" :lol: Wish I wasn't tangled up this weekend...sounds like fun.

thanks les and yeah this weekend is more about the bragging rights looking like some real good fisherman are gonna be their, makes it fun!!!!

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately I have a previous commitment out of town.  possibly Sunday though and /or maybe even tomorrow....that's life in retirement  :lol:  Les