left my dock at 4 my plan was to motor out to 30ft drop in 2 j plugs off riggers and a spoon behind braid dipsey.  Got out to 30ft parked 1 rigger with glow j plug at 20 and the other with a chrome and red j plug parked at 15 with the dipsey and spoon parked at 25.  trolled nw out to 60ft where the spoon now parked at 30 takes a rip but was gone just as i started to fight him.  I put the spoon back at 30 and continued my troll nw til about 75ft then i turned sw towards the river.  had good screens as i got closer to the river i made it back into 30ft when the 20ft rigger fires and screams.  10mins later i slipped the net under a nice 20# king.  i put the rigger back and continued my troll back towards the bay.  once i got about 200yrds east of the river i pulled my rods and went in.  fished til about 830    the only fish i landed came off of glow j plug size 3 at just about dark

left my dock at 4 my plan was to motor out to 30ft drop in 2 j plugs off riggers and a spoon behind braid dipsey.  Got out to 30ft parked 1 rigger with glow j plug at 20 and the other with a chrome and red j plug parked at 15 with the dipsey and spoon parked at 25.  trolled nw out to 60ft where the spoon now parked at 30 takes a rip but was gone just as i started to fight him.  I put the spoon back at 30 and continued my troll nw til about 75ft then i turned sw towards the river.  had good screens as i got closer to the river i made it back into 30ft when the 20ft rigger fires and screams.  10mins later i slipped the net under a nice 20# king.  i put the rigger back and continued my troll back towards the bay.  once i got about 200yrds east of the river i pulled my rods and went in.  fished til about 830    the only fish i landed came off of glow j plug size 3 at just about dark

Nice fish, super report ! Glad you are havin some action. Keep the reports comming!

Headed out of I bay this AM for last trip of the year. Fished infront of the river in 20-35 FOW. A few charters fishing there as well. Everyone played nice and took their turn running infront of the mouth. 

Slow day for us 1 hit in 20 FOW 11' down on the rigger 135' back green and silver J plug. Had him scream line out grabbed the rod and with in 4 seconds he was off.

Good luck to all the rest of the way. I'm going to consentrate on getting the new(well new to me) boat rigged and ready for spring

My new ride 1983 23' Penn Yan

Penn_Yan_83.jpg

Edited by dvdegeorge

See you in the spring Larry. We also did the river troll without moving a rod. Made a pass in front of I-Bay then headed west in 30-50 fow. Didn't mark much till off Van Lare. Stayed away from the pier heads where other boats were, but probably where the fish were. Didn't see any FISH-ON. Marks were scattered. Put up with the 2-3 ft rollers till 1130 and called it. Gonna try for browns this week.