Otisco Tonight

Miss em

Got out for probably the last time of the season to run the boat and get the fuel stabilizer mixed in.  West side was loaded with weeds due to the NE wind.  Ended up taking a troll all the way down the east side and took one 22 incher on the purple/silver prism Thunderstick on the 3 color core.  That setup has taken 5 of my last 6.  Been a fun late summer learning how to catch those walleyes.  Ended up with 26 over 11 trips.  Only one on the setups Justin uses and none over 24 inches.   If we ever figure out each other's programs, they will be in big trouble next year.  Looks like the spoon program I had going was done around the first of September. 

post-139696-0-91628500-1380245768_thumb.jpg

Got out for probably the last time of the season to run the boat and get the fuel stabilizer mixed in.  West side was loaded with weeds due to the NE wind.  Ended up taking a troll all the way down the east side and took one 22 incher on the purple/silver prism Thunderstick on the 3 color core.  That setup has taken 5 of my last 6.  Been a fun late summer learning how to catch those walleyes.  Ended up with 26 over 11 trips.  Only one on the setups Justin uses and none over 24 inches.   If we ever figure out each other's programs, they will be in big trouble next year.  Looks like the spoon program I had going was done around the first of September. 

attachicon.gifWP_20130926_001.jpg

Is it a strictly a night bite lake? and what was your personal best walleye, length and weight. thanks PAP.

I am certainly a beginner on Otisco but Seems like the month of September has turned to more of a night bite.  I had some spoons working well in August in the daylight hours.   I only started fishing it the first weekend of August.  Looking forward to next summer when the thermocline sets up.  They really seem to lay right on top of the thermocline in the 60 to 63 degree water all summer.  Still a good thermocline but now the surface temp is in the mid 60s and that temp goes down to around 35 feet (as of last night) before it breaks to the 50s.  My best one was 24 inches.  Weighed some 23 inchers that were in the 4.5# range. 

post-139696-0-64281400-1380289167_thumb.jpg   post-139696-0-75197800-1380289178_thumb.jpg

Jeff,

I was out a couple nights ago and tim and i had our first skunk together and basically my first one when i was really fishing for eyes since june.  Fall pattern is different for me, and as you mentioned its a night bite.  Gold clown is my favorite for fall and the fish are all over the place from shore to 35 feet.  It will turn on and end up a VERY productive time, but its a tough wait between summer and fall.  I much prefer the summer bite as its a guarantee ill catch fish, like going to a fish market. Tim and i call it the otisco lake grocery.  You can actually catch more in the fall but id rather fish in the light.  I havent done the tally but I think my boat passed the 100 walleye mark, and our biggest eyes were 27-28.75 inches and weighed between 7-9 pounds and i think the biggest was 9.5 lbs. Never landed an eye on a spoon all season, but by the time we compared notes the summer pattern was about over.  Ill fish some till november, then im completely rebuilding the boat.  2 more cannons, temp probe, rocket launcher, custom hard top, casting deck, rod locker, all new railings etc, and NO more carpet!  Next year jeff, you, tim, and I will put it all into 1 summer program combining our programs.  Anybody wanna go today/tonight?

justin