STAR property tax rebate.

Did mine online...all you need is the number that is on the letter they sent out or you can look it up on site and they then sent a confirmation email. Here is the address: http://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/property/star13/default.htm or here's the phone number for getting the number : 518-457-2036

Edited by Sk8man

You're welcome. I hate to see some miss out on a couple thousand dollars because the state decided to make us re-register. I live in one of these highest taxed areas and every little bit helps. With paying over $7200 a year in property taxes you would think our town was a metropolis. Heck we don't have a police force or a red light. Canr blame the towns though because $5600 of this is school taxes..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I bet that you will see a lot more of this type of stuff coming in the future. I work for the state and every year I have to verify that I do not have any other medical insurance. If I fail to do it they won't pay the bill until I do. When they started this verification thing if you did not verify it by a certain date you lost your insurance. I guess there are good points to both sides of the argument and help prevent fraud.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

A lot of the things that should be verified are not looked at....especially Federally....for example millions have been paid out to GI's that were AWOL and it had happened repeatedly despite audits pointing it out, and Social Security and disability checks paid to people using the SS #s of dead people etc. and it goes on and on. The recent situation involving the high level federal employee who bilked the government (us actually) out of a fortune under false pretenses and while being absent from his actual job for a number of years without any scrutiny at all. In short the taxpayers are screwed.....totally incompetent government...blowing our money....and how about all the NYS L O.T.T.O  fund money that was supposed to go to education....yet my school taxes came yesterday and they went up $600 this time to over five grand.

Edited by Sk8man