Results Seneca smack fest!

Thank you all for the participation today I feel it went well for a last minute event I know I enjoyed it!!!

1st- reel hooked up with 28.13lbs

2nd- Flx troller with 19.12lbs

3rd - Keep'n it Reel with 15.12ls

Also a big congrats to Sean on reel hooked up with a awesome 13+lb laker to really help the box. Good job to all that fished thank you everyone I can't wit to do this again!!!

Joe

Sean's timing was a little off for next yrs trout derby though....heck of a laker :lol: Congrats Sean and company!

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks guys it was a great tournament, and we had a blast! I had a boat full of first timers but they did a great job and never lost a fish. Only fish we dumped was a good bow and I ripped him off to keep him; from breaking off the big laker he got wrapped up with. They put over 30 in the boat and the majority of them were from 7:30 to 9am. The plan was to start shallow in 80 to 100fow and get a brown to start the day. We ran North from Lodi a bit and when I dropped my probe I had to hit 100 ft for temp.As the rigger was coming up a school of bait busted on the surface. So I ran some short core and some good bow/salmon spoons down 80 to120. It was non stop on bows and salmon so we had to switch over to a laker program. Two deep riggers and two deep divers out 240 to 260 just ticking bottom, took several Lakers. We hit one area where we marked some huge marks at 60 to 70 ft down. Ran out two 300 ft coppers and took the 13 lb laker and some good bows in that area. The big laker faught like a beast and was the biggest fish my brother in law has ever caught. I want to give a big thanks to everyone involved, Joe , Nick, Mike, and all the guys that fished. I have fished all over and have done a lot of tournaments up north. And jason and I have said it a hundred times the best fishermen and all around best group of guys to hang out with are on the finger lakes. Thanks again and let's have another one!

Edited by Hookedup

Damn net guy! Of course the fact that the rod guy wrapped the brownie in the dipsy wire didn't factor in to losing that fish. Lol! just glad it wasn't a 13# brown! That would have stung a bit. I have some mad net skills usually... Remember that king during the Sandy shootout!

Congrats on that Laker Sean! Great timing for sure!

Look forward to doing more of these!

Keep it simple and keep it fun:)

Count on Brett and I being late for weigh in though. Who would have figured almost 30 min ride (trailering) from severne to Clute.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice going guys. I feel Cayuga is about to collapse due to miss management by the DEC. One of my customer's landed a 4 lb laker with 8, yes 8 adult lampreys about 15 inches each today. Very disappointing 2 seasons on Cayuga. Its the worst fishing since I started in 1985!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It was endless stop and go with folks on winery tours, etc. and sat thru 3 cycles of light in Watkins trying to go left.

Yeah the boat is usually ready to rip during the winter. Actually this is the latest in season I have ever boat fished. Might try some this winter now that I am getting out of snowmobiling!

Anyone want a sled and trailer? post-152882-13804991474818_thumb.jpg

What an awesome little tourney.. We are definitely gonna have to do this a few times a year..... Congrats to Sean and his Reel Hooked Up crew on a awesome box of fish .... Had a great time at the weigh in just talking fishing with a great bunch of guys who are all competitor's but in the end all friends who just love to fish and that's what its all about !! Wanna thank Joe for helping me put this all together and hope to have a bigger and badder Smack Fest next year....

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Funny you should bring up rod holders:) part of the money is going for rod holders.... To hopefully mount on the penn yan intruder that my brother in law is hooking me up with! I am excited about getting a bigger rig especially for lake o, erie, and some of the tourneys I do. Still keeping the Lund though! I will send stewie a pic of all the rod holders.

Awesome!  That is a great boat.  Can't wait to test it out on the fingers and the big lakes.  Does your wife know you will need a bigger barn that holds two boats yet? :rofl: :rofl:  You can tell her on the bright side there will be less lawn to mow! :thinking: