St Lawrence - Clayton Muskies Inc Meeting

I assume that if you frequent this board, then you know about NY Muskies Inc already but...

We will be holding our October meeting up on the St Lawrence to provide information on the club, share a bit about our efforts on behalf of NY's muskie community, gain input from the local muskie fishing community and hopefully some new members:

• Saturday October 19th 2013 @  7 PM
  • O’Briens Restaurant - 226 Webb St, Clayton, NY 

The meeting is open to the public: Non-members and prospective members welcome, no registration necessary. Join us at O’Briens to learn more about Muskies Inc. and help guide our future efforts. 

Guest Speakers: Capt’s Bob Walters and Darryl Raate of WaterWolf Charters

• 3 weeks later...

I assume that if you frequent this board, then you know about NY Muskies Inc already but...

We will be holding our October meeting up on the St Lawrence to provide information on the club, share a bit about our efforts on behalf of NY's muskie community, gain input from the local muskie fishing community and hopefully some new members:

• Saturday October 19th 2013 @  7 PM
  • O’Briens Restaurant - 226 Webb St, Clayton, NY 

The meeting is open to the public: Non-members and prospective members welcome, no registration necessary. Join us at O’Briens to learn more about Muskies Inc. and help guide our future efforts. 

Guest Speakers: Capt’s Bob Walters and Darryl Raate of WaterWolf Charters

Capt. Bob and I were at O'Brians this evening. Bob brought a few of his "props", and set up a DVD player for the meeting. Buffy informed us that even though the dining room is open to the public, she believes most of her patrons will be heading outside by 7:30 pm for the concert on the River Walk. There is also a Pumpkin Chunkin' competition going on right there all that day with trebuchets and catapults throwing pumpkins out into the river! 

Clayton is a very festive town, expect good crowds. 

We will be running a charter all day, and plan on getting to O'Brians as soon as possible, maybe by 7:30- 8:00 pm? 

See you all there. 

Thanks again to both Darryl and Capt. Bob for the presentation they put on at the Muskies Inc. meeting - awesome underwater video footage and historic info about the area was shared.  I really enjoyed the lively discussion and amazing mounts that Capt. Bob was kind enough to bring.  It was great getting to meet some of the musky guys from the famed St. Larry and I hope to be returning soon!  Your fishery is second to none IMHO.   :yes:  

I really enjoyed the musky inc meeting at O'briens this past saturday night.Nice meeting all you musky inc musky fanatics an the local musky guides.You guy's did a great job speaking and talking about your organization.Great job by capt. Bob , Waterwolf on the underwater footage...great stuff.

I hope all the Clayton area musky guides and fishermen realize what a benefit it would be to the st. Lawrence musky fishery by starting a local musky inc chapter in Clayton.I hope something get's going up there.

I'm headed back up there in the morning to do some musky trolling....can't wait...still haunted by that fish I lost a few weeks ago.

I really enjoyed the musky inc meeting at O'briens this past saturday night.Nice meeting all you musky inc musky fanatics an the local musky guides.You guy's did a great job speaking and talking about your organization.Great job by capt. Bob , Waterwolf on the underwater footage...great stuff.

I hope all the Clayton area musky guides and fishermen realize what a benefit it would be to the st. Lawrence musky fishery by starting a local musky inc chapter in Clayton.I hope something get's going up there.

I'm headed back up there in the morning to do some musky trolling....can't wait...still haunted by that fish I lost a few weeks ago.

I would rather see The St.Larry musky anglers and all NY State musky anglers UNITED, within the chapter you guys have already created. IMO this would be much better organized than many small chapters spread out through the State. Capt. Bob and myself will be joining Chapter 69, as well as promoting our clientele and peers to do the same.

We may be too busy out on the water to attend meetings and events, but that is no excuse not to be members and do what we can, PROMOTE.  We like the idea of the online meetings, and hope that idea pans out and becomes a reality! This would certainly help with the logistics of having a membership spread out over hundreds of miles of the State.  

What we don't need is many "organizations of one" throughout the State, not communicating with each other, and all chasing separate agendas. This will accomplish nothing. Creating an individual "legacy", will not help the musky population . We need to work together, to achieve common goals. 

Glad you guys came up to Clayton and we got a chance to meet many of you. looking forward to seeing you all again, and meeting more of you in the future!

Heading out on the River now, we have a little problem to solve......I think the Waterwolf was the only boat at that meeting, THAT HASN'T LANDED A MUSKY YET THIS SEASON!   :lol: