How big is this king?

NickR

Were having a little debate on how

Big this king is- while trying to weigh it on the boga it slipped off. On the boat I thought it was 28 29 but after looking at it maybe think it could be bigger.

post-150826-13806595412943_thumb.jpgpost-150826-13806595615929_thumb.jpgpost-150826-13806595902705_thumb.jpgpost-150826-13806596228047_thumb.jpg

I doubt seriously whether the weight of this fish or any other can be accurately determined from digital photos alone and especially a "side facing" shot with the fish in the foreground. Additionally, the most critical visual feature of the fish for estimating is the area across the back i.e. how thick it is) along with length and girth measurements. Real nice fish regardless.

Edited by Sk8man

Guessing that your fingers are as big as mine it looks to be about 43 to 44 inches long.  I got a 35# that was 44" long,  so my guess is mid to low 30 's   nice one !!!

I doubt seriously whether the weight of this fish or any other can be accurately determined from digital photos alone and especially a "side facing" shot with the fish in the foreground. Additionally, the most critical visual feature of the fish for estimating is the area across the back i.e. how thick it is) along with length and girth measurements. Real nice fish regardless.

I'm with this guy ^^^

I can make 20lb fish look 30 in a picture. Pictures can't tell ya the whole story. Still a nice fish, but the only way to know is to put it on the scale.

• 2 months later...