A few pictures from this Sumner on the big Lake Ontario.

walleyemagic

3 hrs total the best day. Trolling. Spent over 700 dollars in gas in 10 days and went 4 weeks looking for them with the fish winning those weeks. Definitely need to put time in. But when u find them the rewards and smiles and memories are worth it.

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Greg,

Great job on the eyes I know how lonely it is out there when you cant catch a fish for days when you are after the big girls. If it was easy they wouldnt taste so good, and they'd call it bass fishing. You earned them for sure! Good work!

Justin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Greg,

Great job on the eyes I know how lonely it is out there when you cant catch a fish for days when you are after the big girls. If it was easy they wouldnt taste so good, and they'd call it bass fishing. You earned them for sure! Good work!

Justin

I second that. 

Wow!  700 dollars in gas // 10 days // 4 weeks and you kept at it.  Usually people make one long day of it and then claim the fishery is broken.  I am glad to see you stuck at it and it paid off.

Joe

I dont think the avg person that fishes has any idea the amount of time, money, and effort that it takes to be successful hunting big fish. I spent 150-200 a week for 20 weeks on gas to fish all season. Combine that with over 2k for seasonal camping and a slip. Add on line, leaders, tackle losses, boat upkeep and upgrades. Then when you finally catch a your first full limit of eyes with your family everyone wants to know exactly where or they bash you for keeping your legal limit.

You have to earn them and Greg you have done that so enjoy your fillets and the feeling of accomplishment that comes with every big walleye.

Nice job Greg! You and Justin are breaking my heart with these pictures. Still hoping to sneak up to Otisco when Justin isn't looking.. then the big boat gets put away and the little one gets ready! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Hey Justin...... don't let the boo buggers get your guff on the fish or game you get and eat......they could just be jealous. And if they say something about over-harvesting and it might be all your fault and such, feel glad that at least they really are on your side... :shake: ....What??.....I mean that at least they seem to be concerned and do outwardly express that concern about their, and your, environment, in which we all live . That is, after all, a start in the right direction of a more enlightened attitude for many. I'm sure 98%+ of the contributors in this forum follow the rules and if they aren't, I'll bet it is just some bit of ignorance...The DEC does change the rules of harvest take and method and eligibility as new research and understanding make it necessary (hopefully), and not everybody does their homework every season to stay on top of them. It's the REAL cheaters.....poachers, snaggers, way-over-the-limit-all-the-timers, indiscriminate polluters, etc. that make it tougher for all of us; folks and critters..... and life in general...... to enjoy this bounty shared by all. Fish on!!