Olcott Pier 9-29 and 9-30

9-29, got there about 9, I got one pretty quick ,saw 4 others caught, I got a nice brown. We stayed until about 11:00.

9-30, got there at 8, two were caught right before dark. My buddy got one on his 5th cast this night. It was slow, that was it for the time while we were there, stayed until 11.

Yes, I've seen many nights out there where they were hammering glow blue and not touching glow green and vice verce, or they are only hammering glow red dot.  Not sure why one color would irritate them into striking over another on certain nights, but I've been fishing those piers since 1986 and I've seen it happen so many times it's impossible to discount.

Personally, I have not seen the color make a difference at night.  As long as it is glow in the dark something-or-other.  LOL!  There are so many different brands/styles of spoons being used at night, that it would be impossible to say that the color makes more of a difference than the lure style.  Again, that is only my opinion.

So, tell me more about your yak fishing......

Phil

I'm talking about otherwise identical spoons, for example, 3/4 oz cleos blue glow vs green glow, and yes, color HAS made a difference on too many nights to count.  I've been casting side by side with people with the same spoons, different colors and one would be hitting fish regularly, the other not a sniff.  Change color to what's working and start banging fish.

Tim