Woodcock

Man I am jealous... I can tell you guys are up north. Early ducks has not yet opened here.... and as far as Woodstock.....very disappointing...ran my dog yesterday afternoon for a couple hours and came up empty handed...the migration hasn't happened yet...and the natives are few and far between....pheasants are making a slow but steady comeback...good luck guys and keep the posts comming.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Awesome kevin!  I haven't shot a woodcock in years, but I used to have a good spot...I think you just inspired to take my lab there and check it out.  They aren't too tough to hit if you get em right at the top!  Small game hunting would get me out looking for some mushrooms too!  Ducks and geese are fun but I don't care to eat em like I do upland birds.  Its been so warm here and the new moon doesn't help my deer hunting so Ive been fishing.  And way to go Slash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justin

man i hit a flight,  40 plus points. went back the next day. busted my butt to get 10 points. youth phes was blast. my  son had 15 points , never touched a feather. my  13 y\o really wanted to shoot his first rooster over my aging braque. she gave all she had. the crusty vet gave him  awesome chances. couple of them were fat slobs. nothing like watching roosters explode at your feet. poor kid  choked time after time.

the boy is a good kid. honor role\ sports\video games. I consider myself lucky whenever he choses to go. lately he wants to fish . i had a blast, he took it hard. think puberty is kicking in . he was super awkward. normally , goalie reflexes make up for his inexperience. watched at least 5 birds fly away due to him messing up the saftey. roosters( even pen raised)  still get me flustered. i was really proud of him passing on low birds.  Can' t wait to see him connect. 

Sounds like a great kid. My son (now 28) never really became passionate about hunting or fishing but we still have many great memories of days in the field and on the water. He occasionally makes it home from out of state for a day outdoors. I did buy him a lifetime license. Perhaps I'll get a chance with my new grandson.

You might want to take him for a couple rounds of sporting clays. I bet it would really help his confidence and reactions.